Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 V 280 petrol automatic, right side drive (Japan)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finding the parts needed to keep my 2000 V280 running here on the island of Maui is proving to be a curious challenge. Mind you this almost 20 year old has a sum total of 70,000 km. I purchased the Van in Van-couver where it had been cruising for 3 years after somehow being imported from Japan through the channels of the Bhai Faith. There were 50,000 km on the odo then.
I have been sent two incorrect CV joints, both too short, out of Europe. Mercedes in Mastrich referred me back to the US, who were of no help and referred me back to Mastrich. It may be that only Mercedes in Japan has the database for my VIN. My Vito was assembled in Spain, and I have only recently understood that the engine and transmission are by VW !

I need to source parts correctly to get my Van moving again. A proper shop manual in English so that my mechanic friends can R&R what ever needs to be done and if there was a way to get the code reader program...
Could mean a subsidized vacation to the tropics for someone with the right skill set !! Any interest in escaping winter in Ireland, Liverpool, Birmingham or Berlin for a busman’s holiday in the tropics ?

Anything that will help my sense of humor or help with what is turning out to be a QUEST welcomed.
As this model was never marketed in North America it would be helpful to know if the V280 was sold in Central or South America...or NZ or Australia ? Then I could plan my next adventure abroad around hunting for spare parts.

·
Registered
Vito 280 ,ZX7r,gsxr 750, ,Z650 Cafe ,Benelli Tornado.Ford consul , Ford Pop , ,Chevy Astro,Dog,Wife
1,477 Posts
Hi mate...yeah, its a curious beast when it comes to parts..I too ordered two new driveshafts for my V280 as advertised on ebay...both were wrong and cost a fortune to send back..so i just bought another van and took all what i needed from it...
It makes me angry that there are loads of "clutch kits" advertised for our vans, but we know they never came with a manual box (am i correct)...
Plenty in OZ and around europe but almost none in Ireland....

·
Registered
2000 V 280 petrol automatic, right side drive (Japan)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate...yeah, its a curious beast when it comes to parts..I too ordered two new driveshafts for my V280 as advertised on ebay...both were wrong and cost a fortune to send back..so i just bought another van and took all what i needed from it...
It makes me angry that there are loads of "clutch kits" advertised for our vans, but we know they never came with a manual box (am i correct)...
Plenty in OZ and around europe but almost none in Ireland....
Thanks for the note and will cross off Ireland and add Ozzie-land to my "parts bucket" list of places to visit. So far as I know the V280 only had the VW auto-trans. Of course if you feel Hawaii calling you we should converse !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts