Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear AMG owners,

I recently bought a 2010 C63, however it is an import from Japan.
My navigation is still cruising around in japan while I actually live in UAE.
Is there anybody who knows how to install a new navigation?
I also face problems with the AM and FM frequencies as they are way different here from japan.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You need a CD/DVD from the dealership

Only can get it from Mercedes unless you can find in Ebay maybe from somebody

I can give you mine, buts its for US only

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey 95gsrturbo,

Thanks for the reply.
How about the FM frequencies, will the CD/DVD reboot the whole system or is it solely for navigation?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
With Fm i think if use your menu options and move to audio then select FM then use the center knob to choose a station

If you press down on the knob a menu should come up that says "Autostore" pick that and it should set itself

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunately japanese frequencies only go from 76 to 90MHz so i can't really get any radio stations.
Also just FYI i just got of the phone with the UAE MB dealer and they told me i have to replace the whole COMAND system

·
Registered
21 Posts
I seriously doubt thats true.
Need to do more research.

The command system is just a computer. Its the software that makes it work and thats in the CD/dvd

Call a dealer in Europe or US and see if they give you a different answer. Even better, call mercedes in Germany headquarters and see what they say

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey 95gsrturbo,

Thanks for the reply.

How about the FM frequencies, will the CD/DVD reboot the whole system or is it solely for navigation?

Thanks

The nav you can fix with the correct region disc, but the radio frequencies are a region specific hardware issue. You’ll need to buy a new head unit to fix the radio issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts