Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just acquired a very nice 2006 from Japan. (I'm in New Zealand)
The comand doesn't look like anything I have seen on various forums. It has MD (minidisc) and I want to change region on the DVD as it plays Japanese DVD's fine and I also want .MP3 capability. Any ideas ?

There is also a funny phone plug in the center console. Can I plug the bluetooth puck into that ?

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
S550 4-Matic
86 Posts
Japanese Command

Hi,

The comand doesn't look like anything I have seen on various forums. It has MD (minidisc) and I want to change region on the DVD as it plays Japanese DVD's fine and I also want .MP3 capability. Any ideas ?

There is also a funny phone plug in the center console. Can I plug the bluetooth puck into that ?

Cheers
Hi I have Japanese 2003 S600 Bi-turbo and I wanted to change command to euro version and people told me that I would have to change whole wiring I dont know about contact these guys MBenzNL - Home I think they can decode or unlock and change region codes but you will have to send command unit to them they are in netherland

·
Registered
E500 - 2005 (Japanese Import)
11 Posts
Hi,

Cheers
Hi
I have a similar car E500 2005, amazing car, unfortunately same comand problem being japanese. I wanted to know if you have found a solution to this problem.

regarding the strange phone cabel in the console, i have the same cable, it seems like a phone cable for japanese system phone which are very different from normal gam headsets. I dont think a bluetooth puck attaches to this.

I have research alot on the Dension and Grom products with bluetooth. They seem to be very good but i am still not sure if these will work with the Japanese comand. As soon as I cam get confirmation that they are compatible i can go ahead with GROM as the installtion seems more easier than Dension.

Comments .

·
Registered
2006 - E350 avant. (Japanese specification)
8 Posts
I have just purchased an E350 2006. The center console has spiral wire . the same like in the pic. up, which cradles i should use to get the BT WORKS

any body can help, thanks alot.

jemi-sah

·
Registered
2 Posts
W211, E240, 2004 year. Exactly same Japanese command and cannot find any info. It's possible to connect FM Converter to change frequencies to European 90MHz to 108.0MHz.

·
Registered
2006 - E350 avant. (Japanese specification)
8 Posts
yes, you can..... regarding the the cable in the center console its called (FOAM connector) they used it only in Japan........but there's converter from (foam to usb2 or ......) so we can connect phone. the problem i don't know from where i can buy the converter

·
Registered
Mercedes S500 - W140 && S500 W220.
821 Posts
yes, you can..... regarding the the cable in the center console its called (FOAM connector) they used it only in Japan........but there's converter from (foam to usb2 or ......) so we can connect phone. the problem i don't know from where i can buy the converter
Correction It is DOCOMO FOMA connector.

Converter available here :
ecojiji | Rakuten Global Market: the DoCoMo FOMA, softbank3G cell phone charger! DoCoMo micro USB convert on FOMA and SoftBank 3 G mobile phone charging connector! microUSB-FOMA chain multi-hole docomo FOMA, softbank3G cell phone charger Jack [charge

However I believe it allows for charging only.

We'd need a processor in between for protocol conversion for packet data and voice to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts