Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,639 Posts
Thanks for showing us this absolutely waste of money useless ruined S600 , there is not a single gadjet in that car that i would want in mine ,lol . On the other side most of those are already in mine exept for the tireticks & oilspray ,cameras etc are neatly hidden away not like those prehistoric thingy's there,lol . Smoke is easily made & you know how ! .
The only good thing about it is that it mention's oo7 aand that it is an actual W140 ,one of our's ,lol . :thumbsup:

Tell the owner from me that he can :flamg: it .

·
Registered
'14 E350, '07 CLK350, '01 SLK320
1,148 Posts
Agreed. There doesn't seem to any rhyme or reason to how he's got stuff tacked on there. It looks like a magpie took up residence in there. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I wouldn't mine the guns!!!
The TVs are a great thing to have. The rest...looks like a nightmare

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1998 W140 S420
271 Posts
I seriously don't get why you all are bashing this car, If i was a third world dictator i would definitely consider a car that has all of these options + as a compliment a w140 s600, yes it isn't original, and yes it has more than we need, but they put in so much in and yet conserved the appearance, and they did a good job with the gadgets

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,639 Posts
I seriously don't get why you all are bashing this car, If i was a third world dictator i would definitely consider a car that has all of these options + as a compliment a w140 s600, yes it isn't original, and yes it has more than we need, but they put in so much in and yet conserved the appearance, and they did a good job with the gadgets
Let me show you WHY we bash this car .All the stuff that guy added there dosnt look nowere near the Mercedes way ,for 350000 it shouldnt look the way it looks , just look at the camera hanging over the rear seat there ,reminds me of Alien & Predator stuff ,a butcher could have done a better job with the setup of the interior there .When you do a modification to a certain type of car ,in this case the almighty S600 MB ,you need to stay inline with the Mercedes way of look ,not just add something that dosnt match nothing of the surounding ,you know what i mean ,either do it good or dont do it at all ,thats what we going on about .Look at the pics below ,that is the W140 way in doing things ,adding stuff etc ,elegant ,prestigous and they work .The car in the link above is a 94 ,the 140 came out in 91 with all of those gadjets ,why not use them ,it would have been even cheaper to do in the 1st place i thing,if you read the description it mentions "originally added ",MB would have never even put there badge onto that car i tell you that much .
How much would it cost to modify the dashbord in our 140's to 1 of the once you see below .
Anyway i can go on & on about this but you got the message what we/i mean ,End of the day ,if the owner of that car liked it everybody is happy ,lol .
Look at the external finish of the prototype 140 below ,isnt that something ,350000 dolllllllllars could get you that ,actually no ,looking at it ,it is easier done than said ,lol . :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1997 S500V, 1999 S500 grand edition, 2006 s65 amg
7,356 Posts
common your telling me you don't like the removable airbag for a handgun storage lol not bashing but i would have rather gotten it stage 4 bulletproof then that. and trust me a ak47 and mossberg 12gauge fit in the trunk i am pretty sure you can fit way more lol but that car is unique none the less

·
W140 Moderator
7,639 Posts
LoL, I'm not into guns ,i like to deal situatons differnt ways without guns , it might be a uniqe car yes ,of course , just one thing ,how many nut cases have half a million to waste ,lol.:thumbsup:

·
W140 Moderator
7,639 Posts
That giant roof mounted monitor is just asking for a death in the event of a crash.
Absolutely Sam .:thumbsup:
I just noticed that the car is not even Bulletproof ,so what is really the whole point of it all & no ejector seat ,comm on ,lol .:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1997 S500V, 1999 S500 grand edition, 2006 s65 amg
7,356 Posts
no air bag a giant screen that is roof mounted is actually deadly in case of a accident and if that air bag gun holder actually has gun and the bullets heat and an impact with a faulty trigger is very deadly. BTW guns get faulty triggers from people who don't maintain them sort of like cars lol

·
Premium Member
1999 S600 Sedan, 1999 S600 w/ 4-pl seating, 1995 S600 Coupe, 2-1992 600SEL's, 2002 ML55, 1998 SL600
2,424 Posts
As a long-time James Bond fan, I would think that Ian Fleming, were he alive today and still writing his novels, would most definitely put Bond in a 140, perhaps a coupe. M would be driven in his Pullman w140.

Bond is/was into quality. While the movies show more technology, the basis for the Bond persona was his appreciation for quality.

We have all seen technology come...and go. What was cool 20-years ago, fax machines, analog cellphones, digital calculators, small screen portable TV's, etc. have all be replaced by something else. Meanwhile, quality engineering, quality of build/make will remain for all time.

And the 140 epitimizes quality engineering. That won't change for quite some time.

·
Premium Member
2012 E350 CGI Avant Garde Sport
1,931 Posts
Mercedes-Benz actually has a security division that will do the modifications (for a boatload of $$$$$$$$$$$) to turn an S class into a fortress but if MB does you wouldn't be able to tell.

I saw an S600 in Europe that had bullet proof windows (REAL ones), armour plated doors, a radiator that was immune to armour piercing bullets and rubber coated aluminum tyres, and as I said, if I hadn't struck up a conversation with the chauffer I would never had known!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts