Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I was wondering if anyone of you people ever considered a Jaguar S Type R before purchasing the mb. I know the e55 is a much better butt my account don’t permit me buying an e55. That said the two choices i have is F150 Harley Davidson and the other is a Jaguar S-Type-R

F150 Harley Davidson
5.4lt V8 supercharged
4-door
with
5'ft bed

Jaguar s-type r
4.4lt V8 supercharged
4-door
with
trunk
Anybody any suggestions, comments and critics and bashing are welcome.
Btw I about me – I am not rich, I go to college, still have a couple of years, don’t have a lot of money, can do stuff like oil change my self. Can work of brakes, can barely afford gas, driving record is ok (not good not bad). 23 years of age. What to DO ..

Thnaks,
Demon_possessed
[}:)][}:)][}:)]

· Registered
2014 E63s AMG
313 Posts
I wanted the E55 for the extra power. But the Jag is all about style. Everywhere I go, people look at the Jag. Considering there are not alot per year compared to the E. It gets looks. Think about it, E classes look the same to the typical person. They could care less if it were a 320, 500 or 55 model. It is all the same to these people. But the Stype R stands out. I see E class even E55 everyday. I have only seen one other S-Type R and it was a 2003. I have yet to see another 2005 S-Type R on the road at all. Plus performance??? It rides. Not brutal torque like the E55, not the high winding F1 sounding M5, but a very refined classy feel. Super smooth acceleration. Almost feels effortless. The CATS suspension is well tuned and reacts quickly enough for spirited drving. The car handles well. It ride at the speed limiter on 155 just like it was going 80. My only problem is the tires makes noise, brake sqeal and no fog lights(2005 models) 2005 have air to water intercoolers behind each foglight opening.

I have installed a pulley for the S/C, a K&N and a Mina cat back system. Not loud at all. But the car is pretty quick. Just ran it at Etown and it went [email protected]
I could not get it to leave any harder. I personally love the car. Get looks, has great performance and is not a car that is seen everyday.Plus I think the NAV is the best I have ever used.

· Registered
CLS 55 AMG, One Day !
337 Posts
theres one thing i dont understand, if u can barley afford gas why are u buying such an expensive car ?

· Registered
2014 E63s AMG
313 Posts
I did not even see that. You are concerned with gas??? Forget it. My QX56 gets better mileage towing my racecar, compared to the Jag. YIKES!!!!

Gas station to gas station. Drink the premium like nothing. Maybe you should look into a Honda Civic Si?????

· Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With all due respect if some body really cares for a car with some whroom they would not certainly consider a vehicles which outputs some thing in the 300-400Hp and who have superchargers. When I mean gas mileage I mean some I want to stay away form some thing like which given me 8-12 mpg per gallon in the city . The truck mentioned above does gobble and give you an estimated 12-13 in the city and 16 on the hwy. I prefer something which is in between I am a happy camper with 15-17 in the city mpg would the r give me that. Can I also pm you please,
thanks
Demon_possessed

· Registered
2014 E63s AMG
313 Posts
Feel free to PM me.

I would never take a pre 03 E55 over a Jag R.

And to compare a used Vette?? Come on. Vettes are not in the same class. Junk interior, junk build quality, just a large motor and fat tires. Total midlife crisis mobile.

I have owned a few nice rides. But never got the looks and compliments as I get form the Jag. It is just sexy looking. Very exotic. My friend's trophy wife said to me "it looks like a James Bond car" She loved it and my buddy owns a 360 modena, a sl55, 06 M5 and 911 vert turbo.

Trust me. You will get looks and comments that the E55 can and will never get. The only Stypes I see locally are the 3.0 and the few v8 models. Almost never will you run into a Rmodel. I have yet to see another 2005 R like mine. tell me when you get it. I have a spare s/c uprade pulley and a new CAI for your ride!

· Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
donho - 4/5/2006 10:55 AM

Feel free to PM me.

I would never take a pre 03 E55 over a Jag R.

And to compare a used Vette?? Come on. Vettes are not in the same class. Junk interior, junk build quality, just a large motor and fat tires. Total midlife crisis mobile.

I have owned a few nice rides. But never got the looks and compliments as I get form the Jag. It is just sexy looking. Very exotic. My friend's trophy wife said to me "it looks like a James Bond car" She loved it and my buddy owns a 360 modena, a sl55, 06 M5 and 911 vert turbo.

Trust me. You will get looks and comments that the E55 can and will never get. The only Stypes I see locally are the 3.0 and the few v8 models. Almost never will you run into a Rmodel. I have yet to see another 2005 R like mine. tell me when you get it. I have a spare s/c uprade pulley and a new CAI for your ride!
Donho, Thank you soo very much for you totally support, you and been a real asset to me Mr. Donho I really don't know you by you have made me call you my friend unfortunately I am not in a position to return favors but I can only show you my gratute by thanking you
Thank you
Demon
Here in Dallas, we got quite a few of the jaguars you probably see one every 3-4 stoplights .and you might see the elusive s-type R once every week or so the Harley Davidson is quite rare too .. I am probably going down tomorrow to look at the Jaguar S type R its in gray color with black seats I belife.-as of right now I never test drove the R - the HD(HARLEYDAVIDSON F150 ) is Sweet .
Will update ….

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.