Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 G550
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a stupid question about jacking up my G. (2013 g550).

The manual says to place it right on the axle. I guess I am lacking confidence...
But for the front right wheel, there's no space because the pumpkin is to the side (offset, not centered). Anyone know where to lift the car from in that spot?

What do you think?

Auto part Automotive exhaust Vehicle Exhaust system Car

Auto part Vehicle Car Exhaust system Automotive exhaust

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2014 G550, 2000 SL500, 1995 E320 Cabriolet, 1980 TR8
1,746 Posts
As a cautionary note - be sure to use a jack with a wide base and always use it on concrete, never asphalt. The G is a really heavy vehicle, so the slightest angular displacement from true vertical can generate a huge overturning moment on the jack. Ask me how I know.

Reactions: jhnmcdrmtt

·
Registered
'02 G500, '14 G550
95 Posts
I have swapped, and cleaned, wheels on my G's for over 10 years using the factory jack. Never an issue.

As Floobydust writes, make sure it is on a flat concrete surface and nicely vertical. Or put a solid flat piece of wood below it, same as the big cranes on trucks do. I just lift the tire a few mm from the ground after first slightly untightening the 5 bolts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.