Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to remove a rear tire on my wife's car and realized that both rear take-up brackets are missing. In the time she's owned the car I've never looked for these things, so I have know idea when they went missing (I'm assuming that they were there when the car left the factory).

Any ideas? Does the dealership have to remove these things to put the car on a lift? Gremlins maybe?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I went to remove a rear tire on my wife's car and realized that both rear take-up brackets are missing. In the time she's owned the car I've never looked for these things, so I have know idea when they went missing (I'm assuming that they were there when the car left the factory).

Any ideas? Does the dealership have to remove these things to put the car on a lift? Gremlins maybe?

Even a Stealership would be hard pressed to "lose" those Covers.
They are held in place with a cheap plastic lanyard, similar to plastic ties.

Crackheads stole them.
Definitely crackheads :eek:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These aren't held on by lanyards, they're just popped-in and held in place with a cheap plastic screw. And it turns-out I'm missing 3 not 2. Right now I'm playing musical bracket to change the wheels.

Damn crackheads!!! As one of this centuries greatest philosophers once said. . . "Crack is whack!":twak:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the CLS may have different jack points than other MB's. These are up underneath the vehicle. The only ways to know that they are missing is if you're familiar with the vehicle and know they should be there. Or, like me, you go to use the jack for the first time and find out they're not there. Even with the take-up bracket (and by bracket I mean a cheap plastic rectangular piece attached to the vehicle that the plastic jack head fits into) missing, you still can't see any hole unless you get on your back and take a very close look. Which, turns-out is not an easy thing to do on a car that's only 6 inches off of the ground. The entire underside of the car is completely covered and the cut-outs for the brackets look like they belong like that. If it weren't for that one lone bracket that was left, I wouldn't have even known there was something missing.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts