Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i've heard that the jack comes out from under neath of the car and raises it self?! how in the world ?? can anyone tell me what the dealy is?

and spare...

seems deflated...is it suppose to be like that? it's not like any other spare i had.... this one looks weird!! doesn't even look like a regular tire

·
BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,652 Posts
SLKRoadster99 - 5/6/2005 10:42 PM

ok so i've heard that the jack comes out from under neath of the car and raises it self?! how in the world ?? can anyone tell me what the dealy is?
I don't understand what you're asking. The jack is in the trunk and you have to pop off one of the two little jack-point covers on the side skirts in order to use it.

and spare...

seems deflated...is it suppose to be like that? it's not like any other spare i had.... this one looks weird!! doesn't even look like a regular tire
It's a collapsible spare. You have to inflate it with the included pump before installing it.

·
Premium Member
SLK 230
1,498 Posts
WOW an automatic jack would be cool.
Press a button and the car lifts off the ground.
Speed racer style. lol

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my car didn't come with a manual so i am like clueless..

yeah i took that thing off of the side skirt and i see a hole. but i can't seem to see how the jack would work with that shoe me some pix!

o yeah there is no air pump either.... no nothing

·
Registered
1999 SLK230 Kompressor
332 Posts
If there is no pump then you got to get one. It should have a pump. I ran into the same problem when I bought mine used - it had no pump but I was so excited I failed to check this out. But you do have roadside service if you ever get a flat tire and find yourself without a pump to inflate the spare tire. Plus I also carry AAA, just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts