Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1992 300E-24
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased an immaculate '87 190E 2.6.
It has 134000km on it, which I understand is fairly low for this model.
As I am learning about Mercedes cars, is there anything in particular that I should be looking out for on this vehicle.
Unfortunately its service history has been removed by persons unknown from the vehicle at the dealer, although it did match the kilometers shown. Would Mercedes Benz in Australia have any history stored?
It is my intention anyway to give the car a full service and change all fluids in the engine, transmission, differential and brakes. Is there anything that should receive attention at this time?
I now look forward to being a Mercedes driver...at last!![:D]

· Registered
350SLC, 500SLC, 300TE, 190E2.3 Sportline
687 Posts
Sounds good with low kilometres. A pity the service history is missing as that is consider...

Sounds good with low kilometres. A pity the service history is missing as that is considered important. If you can find out if it was serviced at an authorised MB dealership then they should have the history for it. Regarding fluids and lubricants, be sure to use those recommended in the owner's manual. Consult MB or read these forums for further advice. You are from Australia. What town, city or state? Most states have MB clubs based in the capital cities which can be of great assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.