Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A customer of mine approached me about five years ago and asked if I wanted to buy his '66 Cabriolet that his father bought in '67 - all records, all original, no rust, and an ex-concours show car and 85k miles. I didn't have the money at the time, but I asked my father/law if he wanted it and he ended up buying it. Since then, it has sat in his nine-car garage in the country about 60 miles from me. I would go up there and drive it around because he never would drive it. So, with an inspection sticker now four years old, I put some new tires on it, changed the fluids, and drove it to my house to hang onto for the winter.

Holy crap, I love this car. It's got a great patina to it, and driving it is like driving a car from an entirely different era (which it is). I love the AMG because that's my fast car, but holy crap the '66 makes you feel like a Hollywood movie star.

It's not mine and I can't keep it forever, but I damn sure can adopt it and care for it. I think I'm in love.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Very, very sweet. Congrats on your adoptee...

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Hey, KMK, love the avatar. I have an ST2. Whereabouts in CO? I used to live in FoCo and Denver.

POS, speaking of movie star, that looks a lot like the car Harry Zim drove in Get Shorty.

While I love the car, I really love that dash. Wow.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
That's one nice ride. I guess if you can afford a 9 car garage, this is the car you would have in it.

·
Always Remembered RIP
3,381 Posts
Not fast HUH.
Maybe not off the start (it's a MB) but if I remember, my friends dad had one (but it was blue) and one summer we (the gang) sent them (his parent) on a vacation for the summer on there boat (the Highlander:D) so we could have a summer party house and since I was the only one (of the gang) that had a driver licence, had one to drive for the summer.

Man I had that puppy whipping around town with 4 other long haired friends, I had it up to 120 about 10 times like it was going 35mph. POS, being a AMG guy don't pamper her. Let your foot press a little and open her up. :thumbsup:

Man I loved that summer. 16 and a Benz.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think this was the most expensive Benz you could buy back then short of the 600 Pullman. I think the modern day replacement for it would have been the CE cabrio and later on the CLK cabrio. What a shame!

·
Premium Member
9,700 Posts
A customer of mine approached me about five years ago and asked if I wanted to buy his '66 Cabriolet that his father bought in '67 - all records, all original, no rust, and an ex-concours show car and 85k miles. I didn't have the money at the time, but I asked my father/law if he wanted it and he ended up buying it. Since then, it has sat in his nine-car garage in the country about 60 miles from me. I would go up there and drive it around because he never would drive it. So, with an inspection sticker now four years old, I put some new tires on it, changed the fluids, and drove it to my house to hang onto for the winter.

Holy crap, I love this car. It's got a great patina to it, and driving it is like driving a car from an entirely different era (which it is). I love the AMG because that's my fast car, but holy crap the '66 makes you feel like a Hollywood movie star.

It's not mine and I can't keep it forever, but I damn sure can adopt it and care for it. I think I'm in love.
I always wanted one of these but with an M100 6.3

·
Always Remembered RIP
6,050 Posts
There are two of them around here, one I know the other I,ve only seen with a couple of teenagers driving aroud in!! At least they weren't beating on it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts