Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
On the Peachparts SL forum, there is a sticky where pictures, repair procedures, technical reference info etc can be posted. It is not 107 specific, but some BW members have posted there. Maybe we could duplicate some of the info we developed over there so we have a form of backup. I see Roncallo posted there and I posted how to dismantle an AAV. It will be a bit cluttered, but in time maybe they will split off a 107 section?

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
I think our threads are still on the BenzWorld server.
Examples:

Build a wind deflector:

Engine mounts R&R, any special tools required?

Instrument Cluster LED lamps ...

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I think our threads are still on the BenzWorld server.
Carl, Maybe they are on the server, but many, many cannot be accessed. And some that can be accessed are screwed up. Missing images or images lumped as thumbnails rather than within text where they need to be for post or document to make sense. Links within threads that do not work. I spent some time checking these here as well as in W210 forum. Problem is widespread and not only on BW - also in the many other car forums VS host.

I posted this in this thread a while back: https://www.benzworld.org/threads/its-the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it.3035618/post-17871210 One thread doesn't load and the other is missing the necessary images. Just one small example.

I posted a long list of links in EGV107 that do not work. I posted those earlier in this thread and in the Community forum. Try some of them.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
One downside to Fireshot, from what I see, is it saves the page as an image, not text, so it's not searchable.
Today I was playing with a pdf->Word converter as well as a pdf editor. Because, as you said, the page is saved as an image, those options don't work. One that used OCR did, but it made a mess of things.

Seems Fireshot is a useful way of archiving useful threads to your own computer. But because they are just an image of the BW thread, they are really only useful as personal archives. They do include all the images and those are then not lost as happened here recently and previously when Dropbox, Photobucket, tinypic etc folded or changed formats.

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Hey Graham. Did you notice the neat little star and circle on your avatar? That shows you are a Premium or Lifetime Premium member. I get a lightening bolt for Staff Member (Moderator). Shows you what their priorities are.

They shut down twice this week in NA prime time to downgrade the site some more without warning notice. Rude. I have no idea about some of the other times if any.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Hey Graham. Did you notice the neat little star and circle on your avatar? That shows you are a Premium or Lifetime Premium member. I get a lightening bolt for Staff Member (Moderator). Shows you what their priorities are.
I saw that! And found that I could post in that area restricted for the upper echelon (of which I was never a part!)

Lightening bolt? (Actually I just learned that should be lightning bolt!) Sort of something or someone that attracts lightning? A target!

They shut down twice this week in NA prime time to downgrade the site some more without warning notice. Rude. I have no idea about some of the other times if any.
Sometime I wish they would shut new site down altogether and go back to what we had before But it does seem our chit-chat is continuing. Maybe they will get some of the links fixed? No sign of that yet?

221 - 226 of 226 Posts