Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SL midnight blue on grey; 2003 20th AE Volkswagen GTI Imola Yellow;
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im happy to say that my 560sl is running! changed the fuel pump and put some fresh gas and changed the oil, cranked it. 3rd time is a charm. sounded like a diesel engine for 5 secs then idled perfectly. for a car that was about to get scrapped. i say its running smooth. (engine)

im not out of the blue yet, im just happy the fuel dist. seems working.

my cousin was there to witness it and noticed a puddle. so my celebration was cut short. fuel was squirting from the washer by pump2 on the output side. I didnt have enough washers to go around so i re used one and Im guessing thats where its leaking. can these washers be sourced in lowe's or home depot?

ill try to fix it tomorrow and on to the gremblins!

I want to take the time to thank the people who helped guide me through these first steps.

ill keep you posted

·
Registered
1978 280slc
3,198 Posts
Go to the mercedes dealer or there are some people online who supply the crush washers. For 1$ apiece the dealer sounds cheap verses the fire. I went to a parts store and they looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language when I asked about the copper washers. Don't bother going to the hardware store, they probably either won't have them or won't have them in metric.

Good to hear you are up and running!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts