Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'79 280e
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much reflection I have finally decided that yes, I am going to sell my W123. Although it will be sad to see her go, I do look forward to getting something with maybe better fuel milage, as I will most likely start commuting soon. So yea, check out the pictures in my profile to see her. Heres some quick info. I'm asking 2,500 or best offer.

-vin# 123.033-12 050236
-redone front suspension
-new brakes all around
-new radiator
-complete valve job (2.8L DOHC I-6)
-NO A/C
-Pioneer cd deck
-Working windows and sunroof
-NO antenna or hood star [:(]
-perfect interior
-124,xxx orig miles

I hope one of you wants it - cause I know people from this board would take care of it. Thats all I can think of at the moment. Please feel free to email me if interested, or with any questions.

·
Always Remembered RIP
520 Posts
A word of warning, you may regret it. I sold my W123 coupe of 7 years for something mor...

A word of warning, you may regret it. I sold my W123 coupe of 7 years for something more economical and modern (a later C180) and wish I never. I've since reverted back to a W124 coupe which I'm very pleased with but the process cost me about £5000 which could have bought me a lot of fuel[:(].
Have you considered a LPG conversion or opting for either a 200 or 230?

·
Registered
'79 280e
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would if they were available here in the U.S. But my only other W123 choices would be a ...

I would if they were available here in the U.S. But my only other W123 choices would be a diesel of some kind, which im sure are wonderful cars, but just not my style. Had I not found this 280 in the first place I probably never would have owned a 123. I am considering a 124 as a replacement though, which I hear are just about the only improvement you could make to the 123, even though its the next gen styling. So yea, I'll miss it, but I was actually talking to my dad who is know thinking about taking it, which would be kinda cool cause it would stay in the family...

·
Registered
'79 280e
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would if they were available here in the U.S. But my only other W123 choices would be a ...

I would if they were available here in the U.S. But my only other W123 choices would be a diesel of some kind, which im sure are wonderful cars, but just not my style. Had I not found this 280 in the first place I probably never would have owned a 123. I am considering a 124 as a replacement though, which I hear are just about the only improvement you could make to the 123, even though its the next gen styling. So yea, I'll miss it, but I was actually talking to my dad who is know thinking about taking it, which would be kinda cool cause it would stay in the family... Ive also been seeing some pretty nice looking 201s in the adds for really cheap, so Im thinking of looking at some of those also, although Ive heard theyre not as good of a car as the 124.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.