Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2180 Posts

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/16/russians-indicted-in-special-counsel-robert-muellers-probe.html

I love this guy. :)

Time to lock up this soviet garbage and american traitors.

Russians indicted in special counsel Robert Mueller's probe

of election meddling to support Donald Trump

Mike Calia | Dan Mangan

CNBC.com

Special Counsel Robert Mueller's office said Friday that a grand jury indicted 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities for alleged interference in the 2016 presidential elections, during which they boosted the candidacy of Donald Trump.

The indictment says that the defendants by early to mid-2016

were "supporting the presidential campaign of then-candidate Donald J. Trump ...

and disparaging Hillary Clinton."

The indictment said "the organization," known as the Internet Research Agency LLC, "sought, in part, to conduct what it called 'information warfare against the United States of America' through fictitious U.S. personas on social media platforms and other Internet-based media."

"By in or around May 2014, the organization's strategy included interfering with the 2016 U.S. presidential election, with the stated goal of "spread[ing] distrust towards the candidates and the political system in general," the indictment said.

An announcement from Mueller's office said that the government accuses all the defendants of conspiracy to defraud the United States.

Three defendants are charged with conspiracy to commit wire fraud and bank fraud.

Five defendants are charged with aggravated identity theft.

This story is developing. Please check back for updates.

Read the indictment:

https://html1-f.scribdassets.com/2zapfmg9ds69smb2/images/1-1de8e17f33.jpg

·
66,894 Posts
Some of the posters might want to seek asylum at the Russian embassy... No amounts of lubricants is going to make this pleasurable.
or, run away to Peachparts or that crazy W126 centric breaker parts forum hosted from some mom's basement.

·
Moderately subtle
12,047 Posts
Good for Mueller and his grand jury. No, really.

I hope other countries expose this sort of thing, too, and I expect the good old USA will get a black eye or 3 if they do, we’ve been meddling in other countries’ elections and other business for some time, including Russia.

I noticed the indictment speaks of “unwitting” individuals in the campaign, which would mean “innocent,” generally, since the Russians posed as Americans. Reckon Russia will extradite the indicted to stand trial?

The other thing, I saw in isthisdave’s link that one objective of the propaganda was to divide us along whatever lines could be drawn (racial, heritage, etc). Hope that becomes a grain of salt to “both sides” of our divisive issues.

·
Registered
61,958 Posts
Mueller announces indictment and guilty plea of identity fraudster Richard Pinedo in Trump investigation

Special prosecutor Robert Mueller’s office announced Friday it had reached a plea deal with a California man who committed identity fraud as part of the ongoing Russia probe. The deal was announced the same day as the blockbuster indictments of a dozen Russian nationals and three Russia-affiliated groups alleging interference with the 2016 presidential election.

The charges against Richard Pinedo of Santa Paula, California, state that he sold bank account numbers created using the stolen identities of US citizens to people or entities outside of the United States. The Russian groups indicted by Mueller used social media posts, online ads, and rallies in the US to create propaganda efforts “primarily intended to communicate derogatory information about Hillary Clinton, to denigrate other candidates such as Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, and to support Bernie Sanders and then-candidate Donald Trump,” according to Mueller’s other indictment released Friday. Pinedo’s charges appear related to that activity.

As part of his plea deal, Pinedo has agreed to cooperate with Mueller’s investigation.

While the precise implications of Pinedo’s plea agreement were not immediately clear, the federal grand jury indictment against the Russians notably alleged that they had used the stolen identities of US citizens as part of their election interference campaign.

WHO IS RICHARD PINEDO?

Richard Pinedo, of Santa Paula, ran an online service called Auction Essistance, through which he bought and sold bank account numbers that would help users circumvent security measures of digital payment companies. Pinedo transfered, possessed and used the identities of other people in connection with unlawful activity, according to a statement of the offense. He pleaded guilty on February 12, according to court documents.

Pinedo faces up to 15 years in prison and a $250,000 fine, according to the plea agreement. It said he has no criminal history and that he agrees to cooperate with Mueller's office.

The Auction Essistance website said it was down for regularly scheduled maintenance on Friday afternoon. But a cached version of the site said it helps “people who have found out that eBay has suspended their accounts or have sided with buyers for ridiculous claims that these buyers have filed.”

The website said it offers “services that will enable you to get back onto eBay or Amazon ranging from pre-made eBay & Paypal accounts or verification tools.” It said it guarantees the accounts “are legitimate and not hacked or stolen like most other sellers offer.”

No one answered a phone number listed for Auction Essistance.

A LinkedIn page that appears to belong to Pinedo said he worked for Auction Essistance between November 2012 and February 2014 as a customer marketing manager. (Court documents state he worked for Auction Essistance from 2014 at least through December 2017.) According to the LinkedIn page, he most recently worked for a digital marketing company called SEO Distortion, which lists the same phone number as Auction Essistance. Under a section labeled "Who We Are," the website for SEO Distortion lists Pinedo as the only employee, with the title of CEO.

The SEO Distortion website appears to contain testimonials from people who do not exist. The site features a photo of a woman it names as Georgina Nichollas and says is an executive director at Rogerson Law Firm. But no such law firm appears to exist, and the image matches one on the LinkedIn page for a woman in the Netherlands with a different name. Another testimonial says it is from David Brandford, apparently an admissions director at West Virginia Tech. But a representative for the school said it had never hired anyone with the last name Brandford. A third testimonial says it is by Lisa Reynolds of "Quality Dallas Realty Service.” But no one by that name has a real estate license in Texas, and the image matches a sample picture on a website for a Dallas company that does headshots.

One of the testimonial images matches the first result for the Google search "dummy image for testimonial."

Pinedo, 28, also said he got an associate's degree in computer science from Ventura College in 2009. The LinkedIn page indicates he worked various jobs between 2009 and 2012, including as a sales associate for LA Fitness, a gym.

·
Registered
10,934 Posts
Some of the posters might want to seek asylum at the Russian embassy... No amounts of lubricants is going to make this pleasurable.
or, run away to Peachparts or that crazy W126 centric breaker parts forum hosted from some mom's basement.
You mean the one who likes 'butt sex' ? May be you should give Mueller a call.

·
Registered
19,471 Posts
Very interesting resembles 0bama v15.

Wasn't there somebody pushing the 'NOT MY PRESIDENT" on here?

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
Good for Mueller and his grand jury. No, really.

I hope other countries expose this sort of thing, too, and I expect the good old USA will get a black eye or 3 if they do, we’ve been meddling in other countries’ elections and other business for some time, including Russia.

I noticed the indictment speaks of “unwitting” individuals in the campaign, which would mean “innocent,” generally, since the Russians posed as Americans. Reckon Russia will extradite the indicted to stand trial?

The other thing, I saw in isthisdave’s link that one objective of the propaganda was to divide us along whatever lines could be drawn (racial, heritage, etc). Hope that becomes a grain of salt to “both sides” of our divisive issues.
Once the "side" that claims there was no interference gets over the facts and agrees there was and that can't happen again, I think we may be on to something positive.

Jim

·
66,894 Posts

You didn't even have to be paid to work for the Russians... You're doing it for free, now that's patriotism at its best!
There will be a brick with your name on Red Square...

·
Moderately subtle
12,047 Posts
Once the "side" that claims there was no interference gets over the facts and agrees there was and that can't happen again, I think we may be on to something positive.

Jim

I’d like to see an expansion of the inquiry to other nations, as well. I can think of a few “friendly” and unfriendly nations who also had a preference one way or the other.

·
Registered
19,471 Posts
You didn't even have to be paid to work for the Russians... You're doing it for free, now that's patriotism at its best!
There will be a brick with your name on Red Square...
If you say so!
Did you hear Rod Rosenstein talk today?

·
66,894 Posts

How about this from your comrades?
Russians accused of conspiring to help elect U.S. President Donald Trump allegedly staged rallies in key states to support him, including one in Florida in which someone was paid to portray Hillary Clinton in a prison uniform while standing in a cage built on a flatbed truck. The Russians were also accused of promoting discord after the election by simultaneously holding New York rallies, one in support of Trump’s victory and another under the name “Trump is NOT my President!” according to an indictment released Friday by U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller. Members of the Trump campaign unwittingly aided the Russians for some of their pre-election events, including by providing signs, after the defendants posed as Americans and contacted the campaign through bogus social-media accounts,
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/eb818f3b-622f-322d-a1f6-3dd667a83f76/mueller’s-charges-against.html

·
Registered
19,471 Posts
^^^ Thanks for confirming you didn't watch his news briefing.

And Yahoo News conspired in Russian collusion.

1 - 20 of 2180 Posts