Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time my SDL gets around 60 mph the steering wheel shakes. When I take right turns at speed she shakes and left turns at speed equals NO shake. What could be the problem? Wheel bearings?

thanks in adavnce.....

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Have you checked your motor mounts? I've seen bad mounts cause this problem. Also, check your lower control arm bushings.

Jonathan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do I have to get under the car to check the motor mounts? How much is it to replace them?

I will check the front wheels this weekend.

Thanks for help....

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
No, look down from up top. The rubber shouldn't be overly compressed or torn. Do you know if they were ever replaced?

Jonathan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going on a business trip today. But when I get back I'll check it out and post the result.

Do I get part of the winning bet?[;)]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for such a LONG wait. Believe it or not I just got the car fixed. Drum roll, please.......

The problem was the lower control ball joints and tie rods. The car drives just perfectly now, I also got the A/C fixed too (at no charge :D).

Well, I hope you won the bet....

In other news my anti-lock light stays on and when I slow to a stop the brakes slide as if I am on an icy road, very wierd.
[?]

·
Registered
300c (1956)
2,773 Posts
You may have a relay problem. The reason you may be sliding is that maybe because your engine is reving higher when the ABS light is on and it fighting your breaking.
The relay I am thinking of is the engine compartment behind the firewall on the driver side towards the middle. It easily pops out for replacement. Sometimes it has a red cap, so you should be able to identify it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts