Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
11,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeez,I just went out for a walk and it's -3c.My legs are partially numb.How do you guys who live in really cold places deal with that shit? It's been -1 to +5 through day and night for about the last three weeks and I'm totally pissed off with it now.This is unusual for London.

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Weird weather. It's cold on both coasts, and toasty in Oklahoma, which last I heard, was on fire.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
It's not cold -- really it's not. Had to crank up the AC a few days ago. [}:)]

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
deathrattle - 3/3/2006 9:24 PM

Jeez,I just went out for a walk and it's -3c.My legs are partially numb.How do you guys who live in really cold places deal with that shit? It's been -1 to +5 through day and night for about the last three weeks and I'm totally pissed off with it now.This is unusual for London.
We get used to it after a while.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
It's only 26 here as of now.

It was tons colder before.

·
Banned
11,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TV just announced that temperatures in the South East dropped last night to their lowest levels in 40 years!
And I might add we are in the middle of a drought with reservoir levels 40% below average for the time of year.Thames water is anticipating to declare hosepipe bans as from next month.This could mean that I will have to wash my car less frequently.Oh well,I'll try to cope.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i havent seen the sun for a while, but its still been over 30 C for the last few weeks every day. Even at night, it doesnt drop below 27 C, and just rains all friggin day.

Which is a big contrast to Melbourne where i used to live. Youd get rain, hail, sun, humidity all in one day
It would go from 44C at 1.00pm down to 17C by 6.00pm in the summer, and rain through the night, and be 36c the next day. In winter it would go down to 7 C some times 4 C over night. Crazy place.

·
Banned
11,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^^

I think I saw on TV that Darwin is the thunderstorm capital of the world.Is this true in your experience?
I just love them.One of my favourite things about Florida were the daily lightning shows.

This is one of my favourite Cure tracks/videos.I'm feeling warmer and better already:-

THE CURE LYRICS

"Hot Hot Hot!!!"

The first time I saw lightening strike
I saw it underground
Six deep feet below the street
The sky came crashing down
For a second that place was lost in space
Then everything went black
I left that basement burning
And I never went back

The second time I saw it strike
I saw it at sea
It lit up the fish like rain
And rained then down on me
For a second that boat was still afloat
I left it underwater
And I never went back

Hey hey hey!!!
But I like it when that lightening comes
Hey hey hey!!!
Yes I like it alot
Hey hey hey!!!
Yes I'm jumping like a jumping jack
Dancing screaming itching squealing fevered
Feeling hot hot hot!!!

The third time I saw lightening strike
It hit me in bed
It threw me around
And left me for dead
For a second that room was on the moon
I left that house on fire
And I never went back

Hey hey hey!!!
But I like it when that lightening comes
Hey hey hey!!!
Yes I like it alot
Hey hey hey!!!
Yes I'm jumping like a jumping jack
Dancing screaming itching squealing fevered
Feeling hot hot hot!!!

·
Registered
36,850 Posts
deathrattle - 3/3/2006 9:24 PM

It got almost to 23C here today. Hellishly hot. I had to open windows in the house.

Weather is good here during two seasons, March and October.

·
17,557 Posts
deathrattle - 3/3/2006 5:24 PM

Jeez,I just went out for a walk and it's -3c.My legs are partially numb.How do you guys who live in really cold places deal with that shit? It's been -1 to +5 through day and night for about the last three weeks

Bwahahahahaha! That's T shirt and shorts weather for us.Try -40C (-39F) and you'll never feel anything is cold again.

·
Registered
36,850 Posts
deathrattle - 3/4/2006 5:08 PM

^^^^

Where are you??
South Louisiana, USA.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
16 Participants
dtkw
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing