Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Daily Drive 82 240D 4 speed
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wipers just cut out on me. Checked the fuse, looked fine but decided to swap it anyways just to check, still nothing.

right before it went out i could hear a small buzzing noise coming from what seemed to be inside the dash. Im going to take a wild guess and say that the wiper relay is located behind the instrument cluster. correct?

Simple swap out do the trick?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump / update:

So today the rain stopped.... and the wipers are back!? I'm guessing it's shorting out somewhere. Then as im driving along im occasionally getting a ticking noise that sounds almost like i have a directional on. What is going on here?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Is it just the first speed or all speeds? If it's just the first one then it's your wiper delay relay.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
at first it was just the one with the delay

then i switched to the one without any and it worked.

switched back to the delay to check if it had come back and it didn't

then i had lost all speeds, delays, and even the use of the wiper fluid.

i was thinking the multi-switch, but the turn signals were still functional.

is there anything else that connects that whole system? but the fact that once everything dried up they worked again makes me think something is getting wet and shorting out.

any known trouble areas? like i said, no visual water leaks in the car, on the firewall or anywhere really along the engine bay. Could it be under those black plastic things that the wipers stick out of? would a shorting wire there cause all that to fail including the wiper fluid?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts