Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Slk230 Sport
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather in St. Louis was so good today the weather man said if you have a rag top you should be out driving today.

I love my SLK convertible but don't call it a rag top.

[8D]

·
Registered
2000 Slk230 Sport
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I live in two houses because of my girl friend wants to live where she lives until her kids are out of school before she moves in with me at my house. My house is much better in a much nicer area. Her house is in Webster Groves and mine is near Edwardsville off of 255. I am about 20 minutes from the Arch in ST. Louis.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 slk 230 sport
144 Posts
Small world, my wife and I both grew up in Collinsville. And we both miss it, I would kill for an Imo's pizza right now!

·
Registered
2002 SLK32 AMG, 2006 CLS55 AMG
109 Posts
Driving any SLK is like a drug, addictive. Everyone always thinks I'm strange when I get back from driving my 32, they think I'm high on something or manic. I would try to explain it to them, but the words just aren't enough to do it justice.

Before the 32, I seldom had a smile, but now just thinking about it makes me smile. If they only knew. My old Miata had the same affect on me, but not as strong as the 32 does now. Having an extra 200 hp available is just mind blowing!

TJ

·
Registered
2000 Slk230 Sport
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okieslk - 3/29/2005 2:18 PM

Small world, my wife and I both grew up in Collinsville. And we both miss it, I would kill for an Imo's pizza right now!
It is good pizza. Collinsville is a nice city. I can see why you would miss it.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
I know what you mean..........

Even coming home from work, if there are some decent tunes on the radio and the sun is out, the roof is down, and I'm smilin'. These SLK's are just plain fun to drive. [:D] [:D] [:p] [;)]

·
Registered
'99 Silver SLK200
41 Posts
I like mine too. When I moved from France for my job I had no hesitation about bringing my lovely little roadster with me (ok I was in a confortable plane while it was in a sad container on a cargo).

On the other side of the mediterranean sea it the same good vibration to have a ride top down.

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
It took moving away from St. Louis to apperciate it. When I was there I could not wait to get out.

In addition to missing Imo's Pizza I miss Ted Drews and the Hill. Lots of good resturants in St. Louis. It has been ~10 years since I have been back. I need to make a trip and see how everything has changed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts