Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'08 SLK 280
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I originally ordered my 350 the salesman quoted a build date of May 20th. I decided to ask him, yesterday, what the production status was...expecting the alphanumeric production code from him.. Much to my suprise, he tells me that the car is built and will arrive on May 25th.

NOW I am excited!! [:D]

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
Hossley - 5/7/2005 7:49 AM
.. Much to my suprise, he tells me that the car is built and will arrive on May 25th.

NOW I am excited!! [:D]
Hossley try this little quicktime movie (Quicktime reader is free for Mac or PC at apple.com):

https://home.comcast.net/~motzkoiii/Anticipation.mov

Make sure your sound is on...[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
Halfway thru the video, is that really the interior of the car? If so, Oh my god! I've never seen so much crammed in such little space. Am I naive? Does every car look like that under the dash?

·
Registered
'08 SLK 280
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I just got word today that the car "is on the water" and the sales person was able to give me my VIN #. I will be notified early next week on the exact delivery date!

[:p][:D]

·
Registered
'08 SLK 280
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was able to track my vehicle using the VIN# on the WW lines. It is on the vessel Talisman, due to dock on May 23rd in Baltimore MD. It is on Voyage EF511-TLI. From Baltimore it is going to either Savannah or Brunswick, Georgia; Manzanillo, Panama; Papeete, French Polynesia; Aukland, New Zealand then Melbourne, Australia.

Anyone else tracking their vehicle on this vessel?

I think it's kinda cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts