1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 SLK crank pulley

suppost to output 4 pounds of extra boost and give me 30 extra bhp

im installing it this weekend I will post pics.

--deathy

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow what a dumb thing to say for your 1st post. thats a traffic cone that says "its our company policy to blame the computer"

·
Registered
'99 230
17 Posts
Ah, perhaps my attempt at humour is too colloquial, forums are notoriously difficult to get inflection across. There is noticeable gap sometimes between humour over the pond, my apologies for any offence.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
TexasUK. I got your sense of humor. It was an amusing comment. Don't let us Yanks dissuade you from having fun on the forum.

Deathy, whose pulley did you order?

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
Deathy offended? I thought that was pretty hard to accomplish.[:D]

Let us know how hard it was to install the pulley and if you think you really get that much more hp out of the engine. Good luck.

·
Registered
SLK 230 yellow
200 Posts
Hey Deathy..Good Luck on your install. Take lots of pics as I will be doing the install next on my rig. I am interested in your straight opinion on how much differenc the pulley makes. [8D]

·
Registered
2000 Slk230 Sport
144 Posts
Deathy, welcome to the pulley club. You will love the extra power. I know I do.

·
Registered
MB 230K 98, MB 200K 00
107 Posts
Hehe. Deathy, I doubt you would get the price for most serious posts in this forum, lol [:D]. Gotta be kind to our new members[}:)]. Anyway, good luck dude. Wish I had the skills to install it [8D].

·
Registered
248 Posts
TexasUK - 2/23/2005 6:04 PM

Ah, perhaps my attempt at humour is too colloquial, forums are notoriously difficult to get inflection across. There is noticeable gap sometimes between humour over the pond, my apologies for any offence.
One thing to remember. Because of the nature of our car, this forum has a high percentage of members that might be overly sensitive to being accused of owning a butt plug. [:I]

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
O lol I wasnt offended I just was suprised that texas's 1st post was talking about my butt plug.

for refrence at a sex shop you can get remote butt plugs to please your women / man lol if your into that kind of thing

I got my pulley from ASP the company is kinda gay.... the guy that works there is a knob IMO. But then again I am hard to please anymore...

I do have a question tho. Because I am going to be puttin gout more boost do i need to worry about my car running lean? Blowing up ect... I know the ecu will calibrate to the change but what about the fule. will my car be handeling the correct ammount of fule for the difference in boost?

I'll post pics i allways do

--deathy

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
TXmudman - 2/23/2005 10:53 PM

Yes, Deathy. That new pulley will screw up your car. You should send it to me.
hahahaha!

Death! i believe our cars have fully electronic sequential multipoint fuel injection which is controlled by the ecu.. when your ecu adjusts with the new pulley the fuel to air ratio is also adjusted.. you do need colder plugs to avoid misfires but i'm sure you already have that.. and if you're not confident enough about the kit, you can always send it to TXmudman

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
If your car is an automatic, you will be disappoint on your first time out drive with the pulley. You won't be able to feel any difference but give it a couple days. On the manual, you can feel the difference instantly.
thats what the butt-plug is for !! When the extra power suddenly kicks in, Deathy shits himself, and the butt-plug serves its purpose !!
Sorry, more english humour !! [:D]

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
HOLY BATMAN! CAPS LOCK STUCK WHILE MAKING NEW THREAD SUBJECTS!

^_^

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea so I yelled it. Big deal... UPS actually got something to me on time without it being dammaged I was in shock.

where do I get colder plugs. i didnt know I neede them to avoid mis-fires. Should I wait and not install this weekend untill I get colder plugs?

What do you mean I wont feel it? I have an auto but I can shift the gears with the tiptronics. Think I would feel it more there? I am adding 30hp on average that is a lot IMO for a 1 part upgrade.

next is my pipes.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
441 Posts
Death,
When my wife's timming belt blew on her Honda Accord a couple years ago, it took out her lifters and all that other stuff that timming belts take out when they blow, luckily it was only at 80 thousand miles. Honda wanted it changed at 90 thousand so it was covered under the extended warranty.

But, before they did the work, the insurance company that held the extended warranty sent a rep down to inspect the car. They told us if our car even as much had one of those coffee can exhaust pipes it would have blown the warranty on the car and the repairs wouldn't have been covered. The reason that I'm telling you this, and I know its common sense, is because I wouldn't want to see ya get "Porked" by your warranty company because you made a mod on your car that could possibly blow your warranty. If your ok with that then have a great time and man, I hope feels like a 32 :)

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
John Boy 330xi - 2/24/2005 9:58 AM

Death,
When my wife's timming belt blew on her Honda Accord a couple years ago, it took out her lifters and all that other stuff that timming belts take out when they blow, luckily it was only at 80 thousand miles. Honda wanted it changed at 90 thousand so it was covered under the extended warranty.

But, before they did the work, the insurance company that held the extended warranty sent a rep down to inspect the car. They told us if our car even as much had one of those coffee can exhaust pipes it would have blown the warranty on the car and the repairs wouldn't have been covered. The reason that I'm telling you this, and I know its common sense, is because I wouldn't want to see ya get "Porked" by your warranty company because you made a mod on your car that could possibly blow your warranty. If your ok with that then have a great time and man, I hope feels like a 32 :)
Don't belive everything you are told. Many people are full of shit and/or complete morons.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
441 Posts
I got a hot flash thinking 430 was calling me a moron. [:0] But now I'm seeing it as him telling me that the guys at Honda telling me the warranty would be void would have been the morons. I was like... why would he attack me for something that happend to me. I never had to face the issue with the Honda, cause our car was pure stock so I wouldn't have known how the end results would have been otherwise. But, ya, it would have probly ended up in litigation . Its cool, I feel better now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts