Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I was on I-10 WB here in Jacksonville following this 2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan, when all of a sudden BOOM. The rear driver’s side window shatters and rains glass fragments all over the front of my black 420! :eek: I cannot tell you how horrified I was!

My immediate thought was, this guy isn’t gonna stop, and I know he sees me back here following him. :mad: Luckily it was a very levelheaded older woman chauffeuring her parents (she had just picked up her dad from the hospital after having a pacemaker installed). She immediately took the next exit and stopped at the first available gas station. I purposely sorta blocked her in the parking spot, and retrieved my digital camera from the trunk. After introducing myself and calming her down, I promptly took a few snap shots of her van (and plate) and my car’s front end, which was noticeably scratched. She called the cops, we exchanged insurance information, the cop arrived and took a report, and we were on our way. Next is the gathering of estimates.

Can anyone recommend a body shop either in Richmond, VA area or Jacksonville, FL? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah... All he kept saying is how it sounded like a shotgun going off! I jokingly told him that at least he got to test out his new pacemaker! :big laugh: He liked that.

·
Registered
284 Posts
+1
"Sorry to hear the car got damaged but nice to hear there are still honest decent people about..."

·
Banned
4,583 Posts
Windows don't generally just blow out for no reason. There must have been a reason. Either high and low pressure, previous damage, extreme temperatures or someone or something hitting it with great impact. If you come down (South) one hour to see me, I've got two body shops that I recommend (both really cheap) here that do great work. I've had them work on my car. They have really low overhead and skilled owners who do most of the work themselves.

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Can anyone recommend a body shop either in Richmond, VA area or Jacksonville, FL? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jason
I used Bruce's Super Auto Body, or something like that. However, I was not impressed about the color matching on the fender of my Jeep.
Then there's the dealer, Mercedes-Benz of Richmond: Richmond Mercedes-Benz dealership, new cars, used cars for sale, car finance, auto repair service Midlothian, Virginia.
I live less than an hour from Richmond.
Good luck, and keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Windows don't generally just blow out for no reason. There must have been a reason...

If you come down (South) one hour to see me, I've got two body shops that I recommend.
Mr. X, I agree. There had to have been some reason. No one was sitting in the back. At first I thought she had some kids horsing around, but there were none. I can only theorize that the glass must have been previously weakened. I think I’m gonna see about getting the car fixed in Richmond since I actually live there. I spend a lot of time here in Jax, but not sure it’s enough to address bodywork. However, if I’m not impressed with anyone in Richmond, I’ll just have to work it out.

I used Bruce's Super Auto Body, or something like that. However, I was not impressed about the color matching on the fender of my Jeep.
Then there's the dealer... Good luck, and keep us posted.
Rmac58, I stopped by Bruce’s some time ago and asked about rim refinishing. They seemed to have a chip on their shoulder, so I wasn’t left with a great first impression. I’ll check out the dealer and a few other spots and see what I come up with. I’ll keep the forum posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts