Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have problems with my windows , sunroof and trunk at the same times some times it onli one of the windows and that's it what im trying to say that they stop working and when i remove my car battery wait for about 10 min and connect it back it all works again for few days and after that it stops again maby some could help me ...

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
5,854 Posts
Please update your profile with the model year and model of your car including mileage.

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
Find out which one fails first (which window, or trunk or sunroof). Probably it is a defective module. It is a signaling issue due to bad module (usually a door control module inside a door, when it gets wet).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
first fails left front window then right and then trunk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
could you please tel me where i could find that module?

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
You need to remove the door molding (inside panel). Also, please make sure you do not have any wetness under the passenger footwell carpet. There is a connector which causes problems like yours when it gets wet. Make sure you do not have any wetness where the battery is (under the rear seat). There is a module called PSE which is mounted on the base of the well, and when it gets wet it causes similar problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so if any of thouse were wet i need to replace them?

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
No, you need to remove the connectors and spray some electronic contact cleaner, let them completely dry and re-connect. Then disconnect battery and reconnect as you did before. If this does not help, maybe a module is bad, and you need to identify the one failing with a scanner that can scan the body control module faults. There are recent posts with problems similar to yours in W210 threads. Search for them (one of them is from Okie-Benz).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts