Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my mechanic solve a few items on the car previously with some insight from the forums so I wanted to run my issue by you guys first to see if anybody has any ideas or TSBs.

I have a 2007 S550 and just recently I have some problems with a part of the multi contour drive dynamic seats in the front.

The part that is not working properly is the right side of the drive dynamic seats. They inflate on cornering but they don’t hold the air. The left sides of both seats still work fine. Since it happens on both sides it’s not a puncture or anything like that. If anybody has had a similar issue, knows of a related TSB, or has some insight on what parts are at play when it comes to the valve that is involved it would be helpful for my mechanic.

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If anybody has had a similar issue, knows of a related TSB, or has some insight on what parts are at play when it comes to the valve that is involved it would be helpful for my mechanic.
I had exactly the same issue - right side inflates and then seems to lose pressure. I went to my dealer and demonstrated the issue - they worked on it for a couple of days - seems better after I got it back. Not perfect, but better. Not 100% sure what they did but they did order new parts (controller?).

·
Registered
2000 BMW M5, 1997 F250, 1998 Altima, 2005 Honda Repsol 1000RR, 22FT Bayliner Capri Bowrider 5.0L
106 Posts
It is a leak. I repair them all the time. It is very common for them to fail. one of the side bags tend to fail (becasue they are the ones that are used most) and the part that needs to be replaced is whats called the "dynamic seat carrier" in older cars, or "module carrier" in newer cars, by us at the dealer. its a pain in the ass repair, dealer prob wants at least 750$ pr seat is my guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts