Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again guys.

A friend from work was in my truck yesterday and he mentioned that the engine was sort of "loud and thrashy" during acceleration and had an "annoying drone" while crusing between 2500 - 3000 rpm.

I'm probably just being anal and obsessive compulsive, butnow I can't stop listening to the damn engine and it does sound kind of 'loud and thrashy' and there IS an 'drone' while crusing >60mph [:(!]

Is this just the normal sound for a V6 in an SUV? How does your engine sound? I think the MDX was much quieter when I test drove it.

STUPID FRIEND!

·
Registered
'02ML320
806 Posts
mine is a 320 and its loud. well, only because my cats are blown. you should get yours checked out. but even when it was new it didnt sound all that nice anyway. itll drive you more crazy if you keep zoning in to it. just forget about it and accept it as its character, as crude as it maybe[8)]

·
Registered
2000 ML430
657 Posts
bocobod - 5/5/2005 10:50 PM

Hey again guys.

A friend from work was in my truck yesterday and he mentioned that the engine was sort of "loud and thrashy" during acceleration and had an "annoying drone" while crusing between 2500 - 3000 rpm.

I'm probably just being anal and obsessive compulsive, butnow I can't stop listening to the damn engine and it does sound kind of 'loud and thrashy' and there IS an 'drone' while crusing >60mph [:(!]

Is this just the normal sound for a V6 in an SUV? How does your engine sound? I think the MDX was much quieter when I test drove it.
STUPID FRIEND!
Your cats. are cracked get them checked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts