Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front left wheel was wobbling in turns and just being sloppy in general. <p>I got under and saw that the tie rod (or track rod arm) that controls the horizontal turn of the wheel had blown bushings. I bought the whole tie rod (it comes as one unit) direct from Mercedes and it cost $40. It was easy to put on and the improvement was noticed immediately. I love these cars. You can take the whole thing apart with plyers and a screw driver if you really wanted to. They were designed to be so damn user friendly mechanically speaking and you can't stop the damn things.<p>I'm very proud of myself.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey, was the one you got directly from Mercedes just like the original one? I got new tie rods from an online place, and they were "Moog" brand ones, and I was just wondering what kind you got.

The Moog ones seem to be built well, but they are only covered with a thin black coating that chipped off in a few places as I worked on them, and have probably started rusting. The original ones were a little beefier and had a thick coating over them that wasn't scratched at all (and they were probably original). I wonder if Mercedes offer these same original ones...

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,180 Posts
Hello
Id say that the Moog ones are good, they seem like good parts when we use them(plus they are located one town away from me in East Aurora,NY, so id have to support them) but my ball joints were bought off ebay for 15.00 a pop from EEC auto parts group, they were oem. we used the american style cup press and they seated no problem.-Jake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.