Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...if I lift the front of the my ML higher that rear and then drain transmission fluid out.

As we do not get all the bad fluid away from transmission (ML 2001 and on), because there is no drain plug for torque converter at all.

Thank You for all the inputs....and other ideas.

·
Registered
2014 RX 350 F Sport, 2007 Scion tC, 2000 ML 430 Money Pit Finally Gone! Oh Happy Day!
1,284 Posts
PUPU said:
...if I lift the front of the my ML higher that rear and then drain transmission fluid out.

As we do not get all the bad fluid away from transmission (ML 2001 and on), because there is no drain plug for torque converter at all.

Thank You for all the inputs....and other ideas.
Don't think it will make any difference. When you drop the pan, thats all your going to get wheather the truck is level or not. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
02 S430 - 00 ML55 - 91 NSX
259 Posts
it will only drain about 3 qt. so that means either you go to a place that had the tranny flush pump system and they will probably cycle in about 15-20qt. Or you can just keep changing 3 qt every 500 miles until the fluid looks pink when you drain it.

You need to buy a dips stick.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tranny related

Thanks for the info to everybody.

I made tranny stick by myself already. In order to change tranny fluid every 60.000km / 39K miles. I really need to buy some ATF fluid from dealer. Good for them.

I try this trick anywav and keep you posted about the result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts