Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,972 Posts
Looks like a champagne or gold color on some of the pics... There was a champagne/gold color that came from the factory.. Lower mouldings was repainted body color...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, there is a factory champagne colour, but to me MB champagne looks much more gold (ie. yellow).

Here is a picture of a 126 in champagne (colour 473).

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1984 500 SEL euro, 1989 560 SEL, 1980 450 SL, 1981 DeLorean, 2013 F10 BMW
1,253 Posts
Looks like desert silver to me. My father-in-law has a 560SEL in the same colour, so I'll get the paint code and post for comparison.

Regards,

·
Registered
1984 euro 500sec
110 Posts
It looks to me that the 3 cars in the photo have been repainted to match, they are part of the same wedding fleet, I would think its probably not an origional MB colour. although he could have had the other 2 cars painted with mb paint.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I just called and spoke to the people with the fleet, the Merc and Rolls were painted to match the Jaguar, the colour is Jaguar "Silver Sand"

Problem solved. BTW, I think this looks stunning, and I will be painting my W126 in this colour.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1966 200 Diesel; 1985 500 SEL (wrecked); 1991 420 SEL; 1979 280E (Home Market); 1993 190E 2.6
584 Posts
Great looking cars, I like the Roller espescially!

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
They are a nice color... And Once Oppon a Time, I was very close to picking up a '78 Roller... I had one small problem, which BTW is the same problem I have today.... No Cash Syndrom...

LOL
Rich

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is no Jaguar "Silver Sand" colour.

Upon further investigation the colour is Jaguar "Topaz", paint code 1820/SEC.

I think it looks absolutely lovely.

Cheers.

·
Registered
560/sel/sec/Jag XJS
1,930 Posts
INTJ said:
There is no Jaguar "Silver Sand" colour.

Upon further investigation the colour is Jaguar "Topaz", paint code 1820/SEC.

I think it looks absolutely lovely.

Cheers.

Really???...I thought the only reason someone would buy a Mercedes that wasn't BLACK...is because they couldn't find one.
Come on guys....don't piss on my leg & tell me its raining....

BLACK Benz or No Benz. Damm...whats wrong with peeps these dayz?

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1983 300CDT with all the bells and whistles including seat heaters
18 Posts
473 Champagnermetallic W123 W126 G-model that should be the color used the most on golden metallics. I am seller of wood products for mercedes discounts for benzworld users prices at wholesale just mention at order time. not trying to commercialize just save you some money on wood for mercedes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts