Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1989 190e Mercedes 2.6L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up today to a dent alongside my right front door. I've tried the old hot water and plunger trick but dent seems too deep inside. Does anyone suggest me getting a completely new door? Or is this repairable?
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle
Automotive tire Grille Automotive lighting Hood Asphalt

· Registered
99' E320, 00' E320, 03' E320T, 05' C230K
5,140 Posts
Paintless Dent Removal services can remove that without any problem. Not sure how much they charge.

If you want to make it better, you can try removing the inner door panel and try gently pushing it out. Heat up the panel first with a hair dryer or heat gun (carefully....you don't want to burn the paint!).

Reactions: Doni

· Registered
99' E320, 00' E320, 03' E320T, 05' C230K
5,140 Posts
Pick & Pull has complete doors (fenders, bumpers and hoods too) for $25 starting this Friday for "Toolkit Rewards" members.

· Registered
95,94for sale, 93 e320/300e, 06 s500 4matic
1,129 Posts
that’s not too bad. 100 percent repairable

Do this: take the lower plastic off., heat gun the area nice and evenly till it’s hot as the paint can handle. then spray keyboard cleaner on the dent. (spray fast.. blast it) It ..should pop out. If that don’t work then take the inside door panel out and place a deflated football where the dent is and gently inflate it Till it’s got good pressure against te dent. Then repeat the heat gun and keyboard thing,

also like dude said check out a good paint less dent repair shop. They can perform miracles. this would be easy money for them

· Super Moderator
1986/1990 W126
21,214 Posts

· Registered
190e 2ltr Sportline, 1990 auto
132 Posts
that’s not too bad. 100 percent repairable

Do this: take the lower plastic off., heat gun the area nice and evenly till it’s hot as the paint can handle. then spray keyboard cleaner on the dent. (spray fast.. blast it) It ..should pop out. If that don’t work then take the inside door panel out and place a deflated football where the dent is and gently inflate it Till it’s got good pressure against te dent. Then repeat the heat gun and keyboard thing,

also like dude said check out a good paint less dent repair shop. They can perform miracles. this would be easy money for them
I have removed a number of dents over the years, the deflated football is a good idea, the dent in question looks like it will pop right back out with a little pressure on the inside,

· W163 and General M Gremlin
14,848 Posts
+2 on PDR.
Reasonably priced plus non-evasive access to remediate the issue.
If you have other small dings to repair, the additional cost is negligible to get it all done on one go.
A body shop will charge you plenty - even my goto bodyshop has recommended PDR is the best option for your situation. Seen much worse with kinks, and pdr in action.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts