Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML430
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just back from the dealer (never again). They told me the Right Rear Door on my 2000 ML430 would not lock because the All Activities Module (AAM) is defective. They said they could replace it when they get one, but could not guarantee that this would fix the problem. Seems to me an AAM failure would affect all the locks, not just one. I'm inclined to replace the RRD actuator. Can anyone tell me if I should replace the AAM before I buy a new actuator and drill out the rivets?

Thanks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2000 ML 430 Burgundy/Java 50,000 miles

·
Registered
10' CX-9 GT-AWD, 03' e39, 98' ML (gone but not forgotten)
433 Posts
I think the lock actuator may be the cause, doubtful the AAM is the problem. Just curious, which dealer did u go to ? I live in IL too

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
Personally it sounds like serious BS to me but here's another way to think about it.

Spend the hundred odd dollars to get the lock fixed first. If that doesn't sort it all out then you can always spend the $3000 anytime later.

Oh yes, and if swapping out the lock works, which it should, start looking for some place else to service your car.

·
Registered
2000 ML430
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I used the dealer in Bloomington, IL. I am going to replace the actuator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts