Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 w220 S430(current) w124 1994 e420 w124 1992 400E (past her on) w140 1996 S320 (past her on)
16 Posts
its a Maybach, remember they built the Maybach off a S-class chassis so it going to have some similar traits.

·
Premium Member
1991 560SEC / 2013 GL550
1,391 Posts
Maybach?

http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/2640/photos/3483567

I swear when I look at this I see an S500/S600 with different front grille almost like a Lincoln and a Maybach hood ornament and wheel caps.

Is the grille, ornament & wheel caps worth the extra $200,000 ?
Honestly, I think it's the same logic as with wrist watches. More of a status symbol, it's not intended to be a great value.

I can get a G-Shock digital watch for 30 dollars that can withstand being ran over with a car, shot, hit with a sledge hammer and is waterproof. It tells perfect time and only needs a battery change every few years.

Then there's Rolex. It doesn't actually keep as good of time, in my opinion, because it needs to be wound. They are automatic movement, using kinetic energy, but you have to buy a winder that rotates the watch every 15 minutes if you don't plan on wearing it for a few days. People pay over $50,000 for a watch, depending on what it has.

It's just like how people pay thousands of dollars for Louis Vuitton luggage or Dom Perignon champaign. Luxury goods

edit:
FYI, this is the short wheel base version of the Maybach, not the ultra expensive pullman style Maybach. That's the one that costs the big money

·
Registered
2004 (w220) S500 & (R230) SL550 2007
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly, I think it's the same logic as with wrist watches. More of a status symbol, it's not intended to be a great value.

I can get a G-Shock digital watch for 30 dollars that can withstand being ran over with a car, shot, hit with a sledge hammer and is waterproof. It tells perfect time and only needs a battery change every few years.

Then there's Rolex. It doesn't actually keep as good of time, in my opinion, because it needs to be wound. They are automatic movement, using kinetic energy, but you have to buy a winder that rotates the watch every 15 minutes if you don't plan on wearing it for a few days. People pay over $50,000 for a watch, depending on what it has.
I see it more like this... here is ROLEX and it has a crown logo on the dial it's msrp is 100,000 then we have the ROLEX with the special triple M logo for 300,000 and both have the same movement inside, the special one has a prettier watch band.

BY THE WAY just heard Benz has pulled the plug on MAYBACH it is NO MORE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts