Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2000 G500L, 1968 SWISS Mog
246 Posts
Here's the link to AFN.

http://www.afn.pt/english/products.php?marca=Mercedes&modelo=Mercedes%20G&procurar=sim#

Yasu

·
Registered
280 GE / 1980
458 Posts
Hey Pedro welcome on board and cheers for your spirit too .

The movie didn’t show that amount of snow and didn’t also show your lovely Truck and the MTRs looks fine but I don’t know how old are they .

From the pictures you posted it shows a lot of snow unlike the video and I can also see your diffs are dragging on the snow leaving a trace which reduces your traction .

In this case you need to air down a little bit your tires and when your tires start spinning press your clutch without brake not to dig a whole in the snow go back a little bit then forward again without spinning your tires .

This way you will have a clean track for the followers and your diffs wouldn’t sink in the snow and have your tires spinning and digging you deeper then getting stuck .

Judging by Mortinson description you have a very nice truck which is proved by the pictures posted later on and it seems you have invested in more than tires you have added another winch in the back [}:)][}:)][}:)]

ReG

Shebl

·
Registered
MB G300E
10 Posts
Shebl - 4/15/2006 2:03 AM

The movie didn’t show that amount of snow and didn’t also show your lovely Truck and the MTRs looks fine but I don’t know how old are they .
Hi Shebl, the MTRs are completly new, you can see the white lines in the tyre in one of the pics, the problem is that the snow was too wet and heavy, here in Spain we call it Spring Snow, and the car sunks into it as soon as you loose speed. The Pics are exactly in the same place in which I winched the Toyota.

Anyway thanks for your advise, but I think I won´t practise it until next winter... [:(][:(][:(]

Regards

·
Registered
280ge
574 Posts
offroadwarrior - 4/13/2006 4:09 AM

I heard that the J seen behind the G made it safely to the top. [:D]
maybe ug was driving the J.[8D]

·
Registered
01/G500 and 99/G500
43 Posts
hahaha
i like all those comments abt driving skill and equipment.....and than when the driver says hello,
all those excuses[:D][:D][:D]

driving a heavy G in wet snow is a no go....you dont get anywhere - no matter how good a driver you call
yourselves. any little susi will go past you just
because of the wheight. we see this here in switzerland very often specially in the wet and heavy
spring snow. and btw with snow chains you would barry the car for goo [:D] just a few yards further....lol

greez from switzerland
femo

·
Registered
'91 G300D SWB Manual, '99 ML320 7 seater
827 Posts
21 - 27 of 27 Posts