Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 C350
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the headlight switch indicators to not light up when it's dark? it would be nice if it lit up so I can see what the heck is which switch.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Doesnt the switch knob itself illuminate? Many threads just recommend leaving the switch in A (auto) and pull the know for the fogs. One can always just crank the switch to the right until it stops for the headlamps, and back vertically for off. The sequence is Euro standard (most cars have exactly the same switch and positions), and some have the positions illuminated, such as Ford.

·
Registered
2009 C350
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok, just making sure this is normal operation. I was about to take it to the dealer to complain. yea, I leave it in "auto" most of the time. what about daytime running lights? do you guys have that on all the time? I thought it was waste of energy so I just turned it off.

·
Registered
'08 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
116 Posts
I have mine on auto all the time, it's the only setting I use but I do on occasion switch it to w/ fogs when I take I-5 late at night

by the way, I had my mine set on auto since I first got in 2008 and I never had problems with my stock halogens... but I just switched them out with Philips Diamond Vision 5000K, let's see how long would they hold up

·
Registered
254 Posts
@yahookendogg who said: "what about daytime running lights? do you guys have that on all the time? I thought it was waste of energy so I just turned it off."

LOOKING COOL IS NEVER A WASTE OF ENERGY. Check out 90% of all the threads.

·
Registered
08 C350 Sport, Mars Red. 04 330i ZHP
34 Posts
My DRLs are always on. I may not look "cool" with them on but any chance of another idiot out there seeing me earlier, I'll take. It's all about making sure the other idiots see me.

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
3,103 Posts
My DRLs are always on. I may not look "cool" with them on but any chance of another idiot out there seeing me earlier, I'll take. It's all about making sure the other idiots see me.
I find a huge difference in the number of occurrences of being cut-off with the DRL's off vs. on. (ie. I get cut-off more with them OFF)
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts