Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,606 Posts
No. Not MB part number. EPC has 2 possibilities. 107 350 52 10 (Homokinetic joint.) 107 350 57 10 (Annular joint.)

I ran both of these on the AH site and they both respond with the part number W0133-1598484 by FEQ.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
JMHO, but unless you can't find it elsewhere, I wouldn't buy from Auto Parts Warehouse. Many years ago they were pretty good, but it doesn't take much searching to find lots of bad experiences. Screwed up orders, items shipped that weren't ordered (and a request for the recipient to send it back and pay for shipping??), items billed but not received, wrong parts shipped, the list goes on and on. They also own about thirty other sites (such as racepages.com) so be forewarned.

Good luck with the repair either way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
JMHO, but unless you can't find it elsewhere, I wouldn't buy from Auto Parts Warehouse. Many years ago they were pretty good, but it doesn't take much searching to find lots of bad experiences. Screwed up orders, items shipped that weren't ordered (and a request for the recipient to send it back and pay for shipping??), items billed but not received, wrong parts shipped, the list goes on and on. They also own about thirty other sites (such as racepages.com) so be forewarned.

Good luck with the repair either way.
As far as i know that deception becoming popular in this industry.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up buying the axles from "Auto Parts Warehouse", they were delivered to a friends house in Austin within a couple of days. I picked them up yesterday.

But, they do look quite different to what is on the car, hope they will fit. The part number on the box is 107 350 43 10.

Old ones.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
But, they do look quite different to what is on the car, hope they will fit. The part number on the box is 107 350 43 10.
EPC shows that part number is correct for US 450SL, but not Euro.

It also shows that it is correct for Euro 350 and 380, but not 450.

So will likely fit and work, but they are not the 'correct' part. Unless your car has option 498 (Version for Japan) but you sat it is UK spec, so I guess not.

I'm sure you wont have any problem at all using them though.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well that is a pain, looks like the correct part should be 1073504210 which is 625mm long, the ones I have, the 1073504310 are 635mm long.

However epc seems to say that both are replaced by the 1073505210, so maybe there is hope if its just the stiub length that goes into the hub.

·
Registered
124 Posts
too short

My friend had a similar situation the fastener would only make 1 turn on the shaft. Replaced it with a rebuilt Cardone unit which comes in two different lengths.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My friend had a similar situation the fastener would only make 1 turn on the shaft. Replaced it with a rebuilt Cardone unit which comes in two different lengths.

Was it just the hub spline that was a different lenth then?

Ill need to have a look inside my hub to see if it could acomodate a longer spline. I'd like to know ahead of stipping everything apart.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts