Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88,560 SEC & SEL Euros, 06 S-500, 06 SRT8 Magnum
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This photo was posted Toronto Star to-day blows my mind as to what MB is upto! and guess what you guys south of the border can't have one?
I guess this is what a cut and chop "looks like"
Love the grille star, might get me one for my 1/2 & 1/2 MB Pacifica.

Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
To be honest, I used to be interested in the latest and greatest from MB, but over the past couple years it's lost any/all appeal.. I'll give articles a passing glance, check out the specs but beyond that I can't see myself ever having a desire to own one.
Knowing that MB is more name them anything else is a major stumbling block IMHO.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1982 240D
10 Posts
Yes, this is yet another example that illustrates the difference between "Mercedes Benz" and "Diamler Chrysler".

- Patrick

·
Registered
88,560 SEC & SEL Euros, 06 S-500, 06 SRT8 Magnum
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE: It'll only be a matter of time...

Hi naomilla

The Euro PT crusier beats them all, love the grille star could you get me one for my MB Pacifica, next thing I forsee? Mercedes will no doubt cut a deal with Wall-Mart US, they sell any and everything at discount prices.

MBGary

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Well, gentlemen, as I’ve often said: there is no more ‘Mercedes-Benz.’ The marque is extinct. All the more reason to value your 126s.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Hate to tell ya - but in the last quarter quality control issues at Mercedes have gotten so bad that profits from that division have almost EVAPORATED - so said Shremp. The remarkable turnaround at Chrysler is now supplying the coffers - can you believe it? And remembering the A Klasse's launch - OK, when trying to outmaneuver a moose the A Klasse launched ITSELF - into the weeds. I think you guys up there can have the B Klasse.

·
Registered
w126 420 sel
622 Posts
well... at least we know we have the best mbz before it turned sour, lets just say[:)] its to our rare advantage. i really think that is the theme around this w126 forum[:p] but its the truth.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I never thought I'd want a new MB, after purchasing the disappointing w-220. Recently my friend took delivery of the new AMG SL-65. I have never been in a car that does what this car can do. Simply amazing.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Some of the new. more esoteric models may indeed be impressive and DCX may actually get a handle on the QC problem but with MBs looking like minivans, to me any improvement in the MB product is pointless.

·
Registered
Widebody SEC
774 Posts
here are pics of the B-Class at last week's Toronto Auto Show. the vehicle will be available in Sept 05 priced in the low $30k CAD.

a full forum on the B-class can be found here
http://www.mbcanada.com/forum/index.php?s=f8d96d00c2056876921b9a4498691622&showforum=38

Attachments

·
Registered
Widebody SEC
774 Posts
i will be in the market for a 6+ passenger minivan soon and of course i would like to stay with Mercedes but this B-Class is only a 4 passenger. The R-Class (also known as the GST) will be premiering in sept 05 as well and will seat 6-7 but it will be priced in the S-class range.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Does the world really need a mini-van priced in S-class territory?

·
Mercedes
9,046 Posts
I don't know if anyone has seen the Mercedes Vito, but they're nice looking vans. I saw a maroon over tan leather(?) and it looked great!

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,110 Posts
i'm still optimistic about a turnaround. depending on how you look at it, mercedes is THE OLDEST car company in the world. and, up until the mid-90s, it built the best cars in the world, period. so even though right now it's resting on its laurels and cashing in on its brand cachet, i'm sure it'll eventually figure things out and start making great cars again.

in fact, really, the cars it's making now are pretty damn great. they just look a little more generic (but still very nice, IMHO -- i esp like the current S and E classes) and they break more often. but reliability is not the only thing by which a car's greatness can be measured. if it were, brands like MG, jaguar, and maserati wouldn't be the legends that they are...

having said that, my next car will be either a w201 or a w123...

·
Registered
2000 ML 430, (sold) 1990 350 SDL
43 Posts
To me Mercedes-Benz looks like all the other cars now. There is not that special feeling you get when you see them. They look cheap and plasticky.

I look at my dad's W126 and it kind of reminds me of a Rolls-Royce. It just has that timeless appeal to it.

The only cars that I like from MB are the current M Class, E Class, and the S Class. And I certainly don't like the replacement of the M Class the W164. It looks like a Lexus, not a Mercedes!

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
As I’ve said in other threads and forums – so sorry if you’ve seen this before, but this is becoming a real pet peeve of mine – DCX needs to get rid of the ‘class’ crap, put the letters on the end of the numbers where they belong, and focus on fewer models and build them well.

There’s only one ‘class’ and that’s the S Class premium sedans and coupes – make a mid level coupe/sedan/wagon a la 123/124 and some cool roadsters and Mercedes-Benz will be right as rain.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I like the new Benzes but the problem is we have nothing to compare to the olders models at all anymore. I think once year 2000/2001 past the designs are now totally different and dont have any relation to older ones.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts