Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We found a 2000 CLK430 Coupe with 97k miles in our area for $6000...is this good considering the repairs that may need to be done? Its silver/gray leather with every option but navigation. Worth it???

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no clue! they just told me it was in excellent mechanical/visual condition. It looks good in pictures, but then again, you cant see everything through that...hope we get it!

·
Registered
910 Posts
If it doesn't need any repairs I would say you got yourself a good deal.

·
Registered
711 Posts
pete it sounds 'good' but if you can do some homework. is it similar in how you got the E320? Gator430 is right. did some extensive research before my clk purchase BUT had a $$$$ mech issue that forced me to dump the QX4 a clk and ml @ the same time. FYI...knowlegde is power. I got a 'volume discount' considering gas a few months back. can you obtain the VMI? check the glove box for non dealer records...finally get the VIN and do a carfax check. i don't mind a scratch ding or something I have to hunt peck and eventually service---we're all a little different there. but remember this is now officially a 9 yr old car. something is bound NOT to work unless you're buying certified--even then I said it's 9 yrs old. what mech issues can you live with for that price off the lot? from limited experience i can tell you will love the car, but make sure you're not dumping big bucks in to a not-well-serviced machine even before the 1st payment.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
repairs

get the VIN # and run it by the dealer for a maintenance history. If the owner didn't use the dealer you are SOL except for a Carfax and that can be bogus. Are there any maintenance records or parts receipts?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Chances are, its a great deal. New and used car prices are dropping like rocks right now. There has never been a better time to buy a car. Almost any car.

I say chances considering what shape mechanically the car is in. Have it checked out and if it is clean, I'd buy it.

I just purchased a 2000 CLK430 convertible fully loaded, with the navi system and all, for $9,200 with 100K on the clock. I thought I got a good deal. $6,000 is a steal. If it is in good shape, that is.

Good luck and let us know the outcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts