Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car sat in the hot Alabama sun for some time before purchasing.

A cracked dash and crazed paint resulted, along with a nice matte chalk-white finish.

Is crazing repairable of my own person, or am I to spend more than the price of the machine to have it professionally repainted and in turn, repaired?

I could also just enjoy this "rare, country decor inspired, crackle-finish" Mercedes-Benz[:p] if that's another option heh heh

As an aside, it has this "grey nasty" around the badging, rear emblem and in general, all the trim that is on the automobile. It is my guess that this is a result of sloppy detailing(old wax) or just lazy car ownership(dirt contaminating the paint)

Are there any fixes for these two problems? I posted at the w123 board and noone seemed to care much heh heh oh yeah-- By the way, the car is white oldschool paint with no clear on top, it is a 1979 240D.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
iNeon - 3/13/2005 7:15 PM

The car sat in the hot Alabama sun for some time before purchasing.

A cracked dash and crazed paint resulted, along with a nice matte chalk-white finish.

Is crazing repairable of my own person, or am I to spend more than the price of the machine to have it professionally repainted and in turn, repaired?

I could also just enjoy this "rare, country decor inspired, crackle-finish" Mercedes-Benz[:p] if that's another option heh heh

As an aside, it has this "grey nasty" around the badging, rear emblem and in general, all the trim that is on the automobile. It is my guess that this is a result of sloppy detailing(old wax) or just lazy car ownership(dirt contaminating the paint)

Are there any fixes for these two problems? I posted at the w123 board and noone seemed to care much heh heh oh yeah-- By the way, the car is white oldschool paint with no clear on top, it is a 1979 240D.

Thanks in advance!
Body shop will have to sand and repaint.

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
boo!

its a w123 240 diesel, not worth spending the money on. oh well, ya cant tell but from under 5 feet away=)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts