Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz `89 300tdt
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title, is there any who has an good diy for mounting a trailer hitch on a w124? do I need 2 take the bumper of? where do I drill?

·
Cruise Control
'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
You should fill out your profile, as we can't tell whether you have a sedan/coupe/wagon. The instructions are different. We also need to know what type of hitch you're installing.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz `89 300tdt
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, I think i filled in my car in the profile now, It is a 95 250d w124, 4d sedan.

I don`t know the brand of the hitch, it came with the car, used. I can take a photo if it helps.

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,969 Posts
ok, I think i filled in my car in the profile now, It is a 95 250d w124, 4d sedan.

I don`t know the brand of the hitch, it came with the car, used. I can take a photo if it helps.
Please do take a photo of it. It would help us a lot.. Its a factory hitch i guess?
Where are you located?

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
I can only assume you're not in North America, based upon the model vehicle you have. Here's a link to some instructions for the European style hitch available outside of NA. I don't believe we have very many options for the 124 sedans/coupes over here. Curt makes a nice receiver-type hitch for our 124 wagons

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,969 Posts
I can only assume you're not in North America, based upon the model vehicle you have. Here's a link to some instructions for the European style hitch available outside of NA. I don't believe we have very many options for the 124 sedans/coupes over here. Curt makes a nice receiver-type hitch for our 124 wagons
That looks almost exactly the hitch i have on my wagon..
Zietgeist do you have a hitch on your car/wagon?

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
That looks almost exactly the hitch i have on my wagon..
Zietgeist do you have a hitch on your car/wagon?
Yes, I installed the Da'Lan (Curt) hitch on my S124 a while ago.

Attachments

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
Very cool. I might just buy that for my sedan. The receiver hitches are especially nice 'cause I can easily attach my four bike carrier.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 1988 300TE
5,432 Posts
Out of curiosity, any factory specs on how much we can tow?

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz `89 300tdt
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It seems that it is wrong hitch for my car, the part number is for w202 as you can see below:

this is for w124, and with unlike part number:

but it seems very mutch alike the one "zeitgeist" has installed and the how too for european bosal hitch

photo of the hitch: the part number on the plate is: 021921 and its bosal. will it fit?

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,969 Posts
It seems that it is wrong hitch for my car, the part number is for w202 as you can see below:

this is for w124, and with unlike part number:

but it seems very mutch alike the one "zeitgeist" has installed and the how too for european bosal hitch

photo of the hitch: the part number on the plate is: 021921 and its bosal. will it fit?
I haven't seen one for a sedan not mounted. But it looks very similar to the one i have for the wagon.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Out of curiosity, any factory specs on how much we can tow?
A guy a few miles down the road from me tows his ski boat on a regular basis with his 300E. Next time I see it, I'll take a picture. Whatever the specs are, I bet you're good doubling them.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz `89 300tdt
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In Norway, a Estate can tow 2100kg, dont know if its the same number for sedan.

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,969 Posts
Pic of the tow hitch. Similar too the one you have. It has the removable hitch too right.

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Well... I put a hitch on the old 300E and it looks good--as goods as a hitch can look. But I need to find a good rear light connector unit. Any ideas?

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
I just bought the Curt hitch for my sedan and would like some input from anyone who's installed these before. The instructions are vague and mention an included drilling template which does not appear to exist.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts