Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Does anybody have any news about this issue?:confused: coz ma dad is about to buy a brand new 2008 E280 AVG and it's not gonna be good if he gets it and next October arrives an all new model, given the huge price tag for an E Class in my country.:rolleyes:
Kindly advise.
Thanks all.
Drive safe.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 SL500, 2011 GL350
429 Posts
A new one is coming in late 2009 as a 2010 model.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
A new one is coming in late 2009 as a 2010 model.
He is talking about a huge price tag in his country, I assume he is not from the US (would have been useful to mention in the post).

It could then be coming early (March) 2009 and if it was like for Europe, it would be MY 2009 car (the same one that would be called 2010 in the US and probably coming half a year later, unless the launch is delayed for Europe where the delay could be less).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the quick replies.
I am from Egypt. We have a Mercedes Benz factory that produces B's, C's, E's & S's for the local market and also to export to other north african countries and gulf countries (i.e. UAE, Kuwait, KSA, etc.). It is always updated with the european MB production lines. So I am not sure what to do? should I just tell him he has to wait until the next year (=next shape) :confused:

The E280 (Avantgarde) with a panoramic roof, 18 inchers, DVD/NAV and everything would set him back by around $110,000 (due to the heavy customs bill) :surrender:

Please advise.

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
:eek: Yes, what country is he from that has such a high custom tax???

What type of cars are they manufacturing locally that needs the high import custom tax duties on the Mercedes to discourage the locals from buying it???

:bowdown:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts