Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the SLR is getting the 5.5 with a supercharger, there must be a way to use an Eaton blower to fit the CLK55.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You could try this outfit...

Email them. They might have one. They're a tuning company based in Finland and do only superchargers for BMWs and MBs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be careful...ESS is blowing motors like crazy....we studied this for several months....I don't recommend them and I don't recommend an SC for the 55...compression is too high....unless you want to go inside the engine and make other changes....better off leaving such a beatiful motor alone....you can make a series of other changes which will bump this motor up around 400hp<br> airbox, cams, headers, and catback....without loosing the internal integrity of this engine.<br> The next generation MB SC V8 are specially designed for SC application.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Is there a supercharger available for the CLK55?

Compression is 10.5:1, so it isn't impossible to do a supercharger. A nice setup at 6psi would be fine. There are plenty of E36 M3s running 8psi at 10:5:1 compression.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Re: Is there a supercharger available for the CLK55?

There are other variables like combustion chamber swirl, etc. My take is that the Mercedes 3-valve head is probably slower combusting than the Bimmer 4-valve head. Compression isn't the only variable. I have experience with aftermarket supercharging primarily on trucks used to tow race car trailers. My experience has been that if you use the added performance in short bursts your ok but if you add a blower to a 10.5:1 motor and lean on it all the time you're not going to like the engine life you get.<br> --- Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts