Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
04' SLK230 Komp.
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Is there a code to make the car "Chirp" when I lock or unlock the car. I asked the "Service Advisor" (haha) at the MB dealership and he said no. I'm not sure that I believe him.

Any of you "Guru's" (Bazzle) out there know for sure that the "Service Advisor" is correct? Thanks in advance.

Brian

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Ask your "Service Adviser" if he has ever heard of the "Netherlands Mode", it's in the computer of every SLK since the six cylinder was put in the car. The beep or chirp is volume adjustable as well, mine is set mid range.

·
Registered
C2D SLK32K
514 Posts
Yes there is....But my dealership in Tampa would not change it here in the US.

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
tungster said:
Yes there is....But my dealership in Tampa would not change it here in the US.
Go to a different dealership...

·
Registered
1999 SLK230 (WANTED)
202 Posts
Interesting. Is this something we can change ourselves? Would be a nice feature to have...

·
Registered
98 SLK 230
165 Posts
Noise is Very Annoying to others

I find it incrediblly annoying when cars around me "honk" or make some kind of noise when the owner locks or unlocks. Its noise polluiton!! Why do you want to bother other people in the parking lot???

Mercedes does it right with the visual flashing...you can also hear the locks go into place if you are close by the car.

JMHO,
Pat

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
I had one dealership change the settings to Netherlands. The downside was that they could not figure out how to have the fog lights respond in the same manner they do in the US mode.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Corey said:
Interesting. Is this something we can change ourselves? Would be a nice feature to have...
The 1999's don't have that feature...............:eek:

·
Registered
2001 SLK230
308 Posts
Sometimes(busy parking lot,etc.) if you turn your head to see if car locked it could spell trouble.
A slight "chirp" should not bother anyone.

·
Registered
2001 SLK230
308 Posts
MidLife Crisis said:
In Arkansas ??? Serious ???
Yes,not being robbed.
Traffic is pretty bad,we have a strange mix of drivers here.
Bedroom community of Little Rock,three collages and lots of
farmers.
Turn away from traffic and....

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
Bruce R. said:
The 1999's don't have that feature...............:eek:
Yes they do....mine is a 99 and I had my Dealer set the Netherlands option to on.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
441 Posts
My dealership in Hartford changed mine without me even asking on a visit. I like it. When I get out of the car and press the lock button, I get this sweet little chirp, it doesn't make much noise at all, in fact, its so quiet if your not really listening for it, you can miss it. My fog lights go on, my blinkers all flash three times. The fogs and marker lights stay on for 15 seconds after.

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
ByByeAmericanPie said:
Yes they do....mine is a 99 and I had my Dealer set the Netherlands option to on.
Interesting, I thought that the option only came when they built the V-6 models. I stand corrected...:)

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
BENZ ADVISOR said:
The only way possible to make it chirp is to progam the SAM to do so. it also has to be an 05 or later model.
Not true. Mine is a 99 and it works on mine. In case anyone is wondering, here is the programming sequence:

SEL ATA - Anti Theft Alarm System
SEL (5) - Version Coding
SEL (4) - Acoustic Alarm Notification Via
SEL (1) - Alarm Siren
SEL (2) - Netherlands (Acoustic Lock Confirm)
SEL (6) - Stage 6 or your loudness preference

·
Registered
1999 SLK230 (WANTED)
202 Posts
What's a SAM?

·
Registered
2000 E430 4Matic
206 Posts
ByByeAmericanPie said:
Not true. Mine is a 99 and it works on mine. In case anyone is wondering, here is the programming sequence:

SEL ATA - Anti Theft Alarm System
SEL (5) - Version Coding
SEL (4) - Acoustic Alarm Notification Via
SEL (1) - Alarm Siren
SEL (2) - Netherlands (Acoustic Lock Confirm)
SEL (6) - Stage 6 or your loudness preference
Would this work on the e430's as well ? and is this something the dealer will have to do or can this be done ourselves ?
thnx.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts