Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05 C230K Sport Sedan
43 Posts
I got a question concerning the rain sensors, since it's right in front of the rear view mirror in the front windshield, does that mean that if I put a vinyl banner decal over it the wipers won't work in conjunction with the rain sensor? - Maybe I'll just have to adjust them manually.

Randy
SoCal

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
droppedmi16 - 5/5/2005 12:46 AM

I got a question concerning the rain sensors, since it's right in front of the rear view mirror in the front windshield, does that mean that if I put a vinyl banner decal over it the wipers won't work in conjunction with the rain sensor? - Maybe I'll just have to adjust them manually.

Randy
SoCal
The rain sensor also sits in the path of the wiper blades so if you put a decal over it then you will shred the top 3 inches of the wiper blade and leave a streak that size all over the windscreen where the wiper will not remove as much water as it could.

·
Registered
02 C240
17 Posts
I have come to appreciate the sensor, espicially since I realized there was one. To answer your ?, I'm sure it is not adj, so your best bet is to turn the wwprs on only when you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts