Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
CLK 320
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[}:)] Ok. Maybe I am just impatient. The new Cl grille was supposed to be coming out around April or May. Well it's almost the middle of May and I haven't heard anything. What about you guys????

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
He called me a week after I ordered some stuff and paid with paypal and was all "discombobulated" and shit. I had to rerun the purchase....I thought I paid twice. That new grill does look kind of funky. Maybe if your car is black it'd look okay.

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Don't wanna bad mouth "4 my". The star grill arrived fast and looks sweet. Bowman, did they remove the plastic grill inserts in order to install the mesh on your car? I was thinking of securing it right over the top of it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430
99 Posts
Has anyone ordered this 6.5" sport grille from .com? Are they reliable (shipping and quality of the product)? Is it Schatz product? I was about to order one, but then saw this notice "Shipping delays Allow 2-3 weeks delivery time due to my Father's illness and hospitalization. "
I guess I'll be waiting then. Not sure between 5.5" and 6.5" which one will look better on Black 2000 CLK430. Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks

·
worst mod in BW history
27,762 Posts
benzo4me - 5/11/2005 9:39 PM

Has anyone ordered this 6.5" sport grille from .com? Are they reliable (shipping and quality of the product)? Is it Schatz product? I was about to order one, but then saw this notice "Shipping delays Allow 2-3 weeks delivery time due to my Father's illness and hospitalization. "
I guess I'll be waiting then. Not sure between 5.5" and 6.5" which one will look better on Black 2000 CLK430. Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks
Yeah, he mentioned something about his father being sick, but he shipped pretty fast. The grille is Schatz and the star insert is o.e.m.
I got the 6.5 to match the grill on my ML. It's perfect size. I have'nt seen the 5.5 but look on a ruler.....that's small.
Be sure to thread the hood release through the hole before you let down the hood or you'll "booger" it like I did.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430
1,131 Posts
thril how about posting some pics.. iv'e been inclined to try the 6.5 grill but just wondering if it even looks better than the stock grill.. ..

i installed another flat hood emblem today... it went on like butter.. i knew that fucking nazi sold me a piece of shit emblem..

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
Folks here are some pictures: enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430
99 Posts
The 6.5" looks really tight. Will order tonight and update as soon as it's in the car. Thanks for the awesome forum/advices/comments.

·
worst mod in BW history
27,762 Posts
Kinda dirty..rained today. If everyone says the light trims are "booty" I'll yank em off.

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430
99 Posts
Agree with ThrillKill....Can't believe no one has made it in clear....That's the only spot that really bugs me...

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430
99 Posts
For those who wanted to buy this. I bought this from f o r m y m e r c e d e s.com last week and it came in yesterday (they shipped actually pretty fast). The grill is Schatz and came with OEM star. Everything is brand new. Installed it last night and it looks really nice. I wished they made the star with metal though. It's kinda fragile to me. But it does make big difference on look. It took me 10 minutes to install w/o any special tool. Just thought you might want to know.

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
Use silver coated bulbs in the headlight's blinker. No more amber (if that's what u were referring to).

On the tail light trim, there has been talk about it in the past and it's usually negative. Qslick had it on his.

·
worst mod in BW history
27,762 Posts
CLK3.GS3 - 5/25/2005 7:27 PM

Use silver coated bulbs in the headlight's blinker. No more amber (if that's what u were referring to).

On the tail light trim, there has been talk about it in the past and it's usually negative. Qslick had it on his.
No, I was talking about the sidemarkers. I already painted them and it makes a big difference.

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
those are the best examples i have seen so far. i think it looks better on black than on silver for some reason. the only part i don't like is the chrome frame surrounding the grille. i wish they would make it with the three chrome 'fins' like the real CL grille

1 - 20 of 21 Posts