Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard a lot of good and bad about the 2009 E class. How reliable is the 2009 E class? About how much a year should I expect to spend on it depending on how much miles are on it?

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,354 Posts
The class is reliable, but the engine had few years with short-lived balance shafts. Than Airmatic about every 10 years has high maintenance bill.
Search the forum for hundreds of topics on the issue.

·
Registered
500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
5,738 Posts
In four years, outside of regular maintenance: oil changes, filters, spark plugs etc. I have changed the brakes and the battery and some pulleys. Nothing else. Car runs great and is very dependable.

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,106 Posts
As long as you don't define reliable as ...

cheap to maintain

can forget about periodic service schedule

... then they are pretty good.

·
Registered
2008 E350 4matic
9 Posts
I've had my 08 E350 4matic for a little less then 2 years, and I've put on 60K miles (I drive a ton on the highway in all kind of weather). Aside from regular maintenance, which is pretty easy to do yourself, I've had to replace the Camshaft Position Sensors (really easy to do, $100 for parts). I really like this car and find it to be reliable.

·
Registered
E350 2007; C300 2009; C300 2013
19 Posts
I've owned the car for almost 11 years. LOVE IT!! Very dependable. Feels like it was custom built for me and my driving style. Have never had any major problems. Of course, have had a few over the decade (Camshaft Position Sensors, Wheel Rims getting bent, Steering wheel angle sensor, that's about it. Nothing else!!!) It is a very reliable car, as long as you change the oils regularly! The Bluetooth puck from MB (center caddy under the elbow) worked well till last month when I upgraded my Android OS (has worked well for 11 years :)). I'll always give this car 👍👍 I'll only be getting into a newer E class sedan as this one's getting old. Runs extremely well. Occasionally, I get to drive my wife's C-300 or my daughter's C-300, but nothing like the handling of MY car!

·
Registered
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
898 Posts
The 2009 models don't have the balance shaft issue but do have intake manifold issues, but that doesn't tend to kick in til you're in the 100-150k range. Airmatic is only an issue with the E550's or the wagons as they had airmatic in the rear. Otherwise the 2009 is considered the best year for the W211 series as it was the last. W212 is probably slightly more reliable mechanically but has more cosmetic issues.

·
Registered
2009 e350 sport
209 Posts
I've had my 09 e350 sport for 6 years now. Replaced both front struts , control arm , alternator, Intake manifold. Rear deck motorized shade, drivers door handle ( for keyless entry) Bent rim. Rear flex disc is cracked up and will be fixed soon. Im In South Fl. 88 k miles on the car now.

·
Registered
W220, W210 x2, R170
191 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts