Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of winter and all the crud that comes with it, I have been frequenting the touch free car wash about once per 2wks. Is this doing more harm than good. I started wondering with all the torsion bar cracking noises I experienced with my last ML. Could this very powerful presurised water jets be blasting off lubricants/grease at some locations? Or, are there no unsealed greased points under the truck? I also wonder about the various rubber boots under there - what's the risk?

·
Registered
98 ML320
16 Posts
Don't know for sure. Is Power Flushing the lessor of the two evils? My ML seems to moan bit more after this spa treatment. Just had the mid bearing replaced on the rear drive shaft. A low wherring noise 'tween 20 - 40 mph, that no one could locate, vanished after this stealership repair. Ah...another road trip gone arye, with no one else to trust! Anyway, the noise was always louder after a vist to the local super suds. So maby Neil Young was wrong! It's better to be clean, than to rust out, even if you squeek a little.

·
Registered
2000 ML430
657 Posts
Darkmann - 2/7/2005 9:47 PM

Because of winter and all the crud that comes with it, I have been frequenting the touch free car wash about once per 2wks. Is this doing more harm than good. I started wondering with all the torsion bar cracking noises I experienced with my last ML. Could this very powerful presurised water jets be blasting off lubricants/grease at some locations? Or, are there no unsealed greased points under the truck? I also wonder about the various rubber boots under there - what's the risk?
Could be a source for the catalytic convertors cracking on older MLs....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts