Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ML320, C300, GLC43
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and it only has 30K on it... I guess it has to be the fuel pump... awaiting AAA and doing research on the cost... anyone did fuel pump change at Helmsbros in Bayside, NY???

·
BenzWorld Elite Member
2004 SL55, 2006 Range Rover Supercharged, 2013 Infiniti M37
312 Posts
I'd be cautious with them.
I purchased my 98 SL there, upon inspection prior to purchasing I noted a rough idle, salesman indicated it would be addressed / fixed. Upon delivery I noted the same issue, spoke with service advisor / manager, was told this issue is inherent in the this model. I thought it was BS.
Approx. a month later CE light came on & I brought to my local dealer (CT), a sensor needed to be changed to remedy CE light, I asked them to check the rough idle, they indicated the plugs needed to be changed. I saw immediate improvement!
I then approached Helms to be refunded the $ 200 for the plug change, after many months & one of the managers either left or was fired, I finally received the compensation.

Good Luck!

and it only has 30K on it... I guess it has to be the fuel pump... awaiting AAA and doing research on the cost... anyone did fuel pump change at Helmsbros in Bayside, NY???[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
Ometofu - 3/3/2005 9:27 AM

and it only has 30K on it... I guess it has to be the fuel pump... awaiting AAA and doing research on the cost... anyone did fuel pump change at Helmsbros in Bayside, NY???
Not necessarily, could be lots of things. Best bet is to take it or have it towed to the dealer for a proper diagnosis before throwing parts at, or, get a new girlfriend.

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
what were the symptoms of it not starting? Did it crank and not catch, did it not crank at all, did it start then die, did something else happen?

·
Registered
ML320, C300, GLC43
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Service at Helms is greatly improved

Towed yesterday and it is back to my garage today... the damage is 1100+ many little parts along fuel pumps and the crank sensor is changed too... beside the financial damange.. all in all, the service is great and friendly... now i feel better to go back there...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts