Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased some parts from a donor 2005 C230 - most recently a set of folding rear seats. The owner of the donor car is friendly and sells parts at reasonable prices. When I was removing the rear seats last week I noticed the car had a Harmon Kardon premium sound system. I am considering the purchase of the rear deck speakers and sub woofer and possibly the amp.

I have done searches and determined that the HK system uses a MOST fiber optic system. There are adapters that take the signal from an RCA cable and convert it into a format that the MOST equipment can use, but they cost about $100. (Here’s an example Fiber Optic(MOST) adapter for Mercedes-Benz/Porsche : Aftermarket Navigation Car Stereo, Android Navigation DVD Player, Car Navigation Head Unit) I have a Kenwood double DIN system in my car now. It has both line out and pre-out/RCA connections for speakers. I was wondering whether I could connect the HK amp to my Kenwood’ RCA and use the HK amp to power the rear deck speakers and sub.

Has anyone done this or something similar or have knowledge to share?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts