Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

is it possible to convert CLKs into a stick shift?

G
1408 3
It's probably easier than you think (more)

You can do it with all off-the-shelf parts. Remember that other CLK models are sold in other countries. The CLK200 and CLK230 Kompressor are available with a manual transmission. I think it would be quite easy to do the conversion if you had a donor car, but it could be a nightmare without one.<p>Unfortunately, M-B's manuals don't take V8 torque very well, so you would only want to do this to the CLK320. I think the 5-speed would work fine and obviously the new 6-speed is available with the 320 engine in the SLK.<br>
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes !!

Renntech Mercedes offers a six-speed for the CLK as well as Brabus, etc.<br>The conversion costs a lot though. Maybe it's possible to put in the six-speed<br>tranny of the SLK 320 since it is on the same platform.<p>Frank<p>: is it possible to convert CLKs into a stick shift?<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe the RENNTech conversion is $25,000!

: Renntech Mercedes offers a six-speed for the CLK as well as Brabus, etc.<br>The conversion costs a lot though. Maybe it's possible to put in the six-speed<br>tranny of the SLK 320 since it is on the same platform.<p>Frank<p>: is it possible to convert CLKs into a stick shift?<p><p>I believe the RENNTech conversion is $25,000!<p>Mr. V<br>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.