Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
still keep the factory head unit. Furthermore, is it worth doing as far as acoustics and such. I read somewhere that Bose designs the sound system specifically to each car. Would replacing speakers change anything?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my SLK....i have kept the factory head unit but replaced the speakers and the amplifier

You cannot just replace the speakers because the Bose speakers run at a 2-ohm load. Most aftermarket speakers run at 4 ohms. What this means is that you can replace the speakers without changing the amplifier, but there is a great chance that you will blow up the amp.<br> <br> In my case, the aftermarket amplifier and speaker setup sounds much better over the bose.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joe, what brand of speakers and amplifier did you use? ... I'm thinking about ...

MB Quart for speakers, but quite unsure for the amp. Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speakers...

I thought of using MB Quart's but I liked the CDT line the best. They were about 350 for the pair and they beat the pants off speakers costing twice as much. (diamond audio, most of the MB Quart's and even Dynaudio). I really like the sound of the CDT's but speakers is more of a personal choice than anythign else. For the amplifier I used a Phoenix Gold XS4300. Its a nice 4 channel amplifier. It was around 350 when i bought it but I have seen it online for a lot less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts