Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Mercedes took an ugly stick to the car I love. <br> <br> What happend to my beefy ass? What happend to my grill? <br> <br> Sporty? Not anymore! Looks like crap now. Thanks Mercedes. You have really screwed up a good car.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At first I wasn't sure about the looks of the new CLK. I`ve now traded in my CLK cabro for the new CLK coupe and what a stunner of a car it is. Turns heads everywhere!!! Mine is in brilliant silver, lowered sports suspension, black tinted glass and 19 inch rims. It looks bad. <br> <br> Give it time you`ll get used to it. At first I felt exactly the same away about the previous generation CLK when it first came out (the old CLK only looked good after its facelift in 98/99). The pre-facelifted ones looked nasty (the body bumpers and side skirts were plain and not fully body coded as there was a protective rubber strip around it).

·
Registered
96 Posts
The 02 does look better. I like the hood star too. It sort of give you something to aim with. The hood is just empty without it. I like the interior of the old CLK better too. The new CLK has a cheapy lookin interior. Too much like the C Class.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Isn't the 2003 CLK model the one that a certain US car magazine compared to a Honda Civic coupe? If I can recall, the two cars looked remarakbly similar from the back.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It was motor trend. I have that issue somewhere. They do look remarkably alike. The Honda is the Accord Coupe. Sad part is I actually like it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I drove a late model Honda Civic once(2001). A DX four door sedan. 1.6 liter 16 valve four. That car was the scariest car I had ever been in. See, I had never EVER been in any other car except Benz up till that point. The car felt so light, I thought if I got rear ended lightly I would be killed. Felt kind of like what one of those new Japanese single person bubble cars might feel like to normal people. (-shudder-) I'm glad I'm back in my Benz's. What a disturbing experience.[V]

Never driven an Accord, but I'll tell you it seems having a good deal of weight is the best thing in the world. When you're going 150 + mph, you don't want to be bouncing all over the road(due to crosswinds, dips in the road, etc.).

·
Registered
89 300TE
290 Posts
CLK 55 AMG

The updated older CLK was nice with the colour coded features. Most must agree though that the CLK55 AMG cabriolet is hot! It looks beautiful with that low stance, big AMG alloys..mmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
12 Posts
What about the new C32 AMG? Nothing cheap looking about that car. I am tired of people always putting the C class down. I can hardly wait for the C55. Now that will be a car!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1994 E320 Sportline
55 Posts
saxman - 12/27/2003 12:38 AM

What about the new C32 AMG? Nothing cheap looking about that car. I am tired of people always putting the C class down. I can hardly wait for the C55. Now that will be a car!!!!!!!!
Oh man, you are right there. I was waiting for them to put a v8 back into the C class, that thing is gonna carry some power. I have heard it is getting the in Grill star and the bumbers resemble those of the SL55, i am ready for it to appear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2003 clk430a, which kept the 208 body. I am very glad that I have the "old" body style, as it seems more aggressive looking. I'm sure, though, that the 209's are fantastic cars, and that their sales will be excellent too.

·
Registered
'84 500SEC
183 Posts
Its you... well at first I thought it looked like an Accord coupe, but the front end is gorgeous and the rest is great too...once you get used to it.
Actually I do think its a bit too round like an Audi A6 though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, aesthetically anything one says is relative. But here's my take on it.

The "old" CLK looks awful. Sorry [:D] The front is about the ugliest thing I've ever seen [:p]. And the rear doesn't get much better. As a whole, it's inelegant, clumsy-looking and reminds me of a hot potato, lol. It's a fine car, of course, but not my cup of tea when it comes to looks.

The "new" CLK is much much better. Stylish front, with GREATLY improved lights. Sleek, soft and elegant lines throughout. I don't like the rear too much, but it's way more good-looking as a whole than the old model.

Over and out! You can flame me now [:)]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts