Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1991 300SEL
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from my regular round trip to NY (I do this like once a week). Huge collision on the Verrazano Bridge. I was trying to be respectful and not stare at someone else's misfortune, then while passing by out of nowhere I hear "hey they have the same car we do!" and as a natural reflex I found myself catching a glimpse of the accident.

W126 SEL (All white) Meets Honda CR-V

I only saw the one side of the SEL but it seemed to be intact (even the windows) almost looking as if it was waxed & compounded earlier in the day.

As for the Honda CR-V... It didn't look none too pretty, seemed the whole front clip driver/passenger compartment got slumped.

Kind of brings you down a few notches seeing a vehicle that's the identical to yours in a traffic accident surrounded by fire/towtruck, ambulances, shattered glass/chaos.

I hope everyone was able to escape without any fatal injuries, I saw a stretcher with a sheet covering something but I turned my eyes away quickly (it's not something I want to see if anything).

Drive safely folks.

·
Registered
82 500SEC
2,322 Posts
you could have taken a picture.

The CRV is higher than the w126 isnt it?
I'm sure a frontal collision with a w126 should have been Ok'ish for both sides.

But if you add mad speed to the mix, they didnt use fiber glass in a w126, if you know what i mean.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts